Parrish Healthcare Phased Re-opening Plan for Elective Surgeries and Diagnostic Services
By Space Coast Daily // May 4, 2020
Advanced scheduling for procedures is required, including labs
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Pursuant to the State of Florida Office of the Governor Executive Order 20-112, Phase 1: Safe. Smart. Step-by-Step. Plan for Florida’s Recovery, Parrish Healthcare has implemented its plan for resuming select services.
Parrish Healthcare has created a careful and methodical plan to continue to assure the health and safety of everyone. “It is important to stress that many of the added safeguards that have been instituted during our COVID-19 response will become our new normal and will require changes to the policies, processes and procedures with which we have become accustomed,” said George Mikitarian, Parrish Medical Center/Parrish Healthcare President/CEO.
Phase one includes the following:
- Mon., May 4, 2020, outpatient laboratory and diagnostic services, excluding pulmonary function tests (PFTs), will resume at the medical center’s main campus.
- Parrish Healthcare Center at Port St. John is open for business.
- Parrish Healthcare Centers at Port Canaveral and Titus Landing remain closed at this time.
- Wed., May 6, 2020, elective outpatient surgeries that do not require an overnight hospital stay will resume.
- COVID-19 testing will be added to the pre-admission testing checklist for elective surgeries.
- Elective surgery pre-admission COVID-19 testing will be by appointment at either Parrish Medical Center or at our
- COVID-19 drive-thru test site at Parrish Health & Fitness Center on Cheney Highway in Titusville. Test results are expected within two business days.
- Mon., May 11, 2020, sleep evaluations will resume, including mask clinic and oxygen testing.
- Mon., May 18, 2020, diagnostic sleep studies in lab and titrations will resume.
Advanced scheduling for procedures is required, including labs.
- Walk-ins are discouraged; however patients in need of services will not be turned away and will be accommodated in accordance with our safety protocols.
- To contact lab or diagnostic scheduling, call 321-268-6150 select option 2.
- To contact elective outpatient surgery scheduling, call 321-268-6826.
In accordance with the recent Joint Commission guidance document on universal masking and CDC recommendations, Parrish Healthcare has implemented universal masking:
- Upon entry to all Parrish Healthcare facilities
- During transport
- When receiving care (both less than or greater than 6 feet)
Masks will not be on placed on any patient <2 years of age and on those who have trouble breathing, anyone who is unconscious, incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance.
- Patients can remove their facemask when no one is in their room but should put the mask on if leaving their room or when others are in their room.
- Medical grade face masks will be provided to all patients with respiratory conditions (i.e. coughing or sneezing).
- A cloth mask is sufficient for patients without respiratory conditions and for care partners who are not providing direct patient care.
- If a patient arrives without a cloth mask, then Parrish Healthcare would provide one (either cloth or a medical grade facemask).
No change to hospital visitor restrictions at this time.
No change to hospital screening, clearance or social distancing procedures.
As a reminder, Parrish Healthcare operates a COVID-19 testing site at Parrish Health & Fitness Center, located at 2210 Cheney Highway, Titusville, FL.
You do not need to have any symptoms to be tested. We understand the importance of testing and the role it plays in stopping or slowing the spread of COVID-19.
Pre-registration is required and no out-of-pocket cost for the test. For fast and easy pre-registration, text “covid test” to (321) 204-1966 or visit parrishhealthcare.com/COVID19Registration.
Test results are expected within two business days. A Parrish Medical Group provider will review the results with each patient via a Telehealth visit and provide next steps. Additional information is available at parrishhealthcare.com/coronavirus.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS