Career Source Brevard’s Judy Blanchard, Commissioner Bryan Lober Speaks on Getting Back to Work Amid COVID-19
By Space Coast Daily // June 25, 2020
Virtual Job Fair - June 30, 10 am to 2 pm
ABOVE VIDEO: Brevard County Commissioner Bryan Lober and Judy Blanchard, Vice President of Industry Relations with Career Source Brevard sit down with Space Coast Daily’s Juan Rodriguez to discuss jobs in Brevard County and how COVID-19 has impacted Career Source Brevard.
BREVARD COUNTY, MERRITT ISLAND • FLORIDA – With Brevard County getting back to work following COVID-19, Vice President of Industry Relations with Career Source Brevard Judy Blanchard and Brevard County Commission Chair Bryan Lober visited the Space Coast Daily TV Studios on Thursday to provide more details for job seekers.
Commissioner Lober spoke about the distribution of The CARES Act and how federal money will benefit Brevard County Residents moving forward with recent events regarding COVID-19.
Blanchard provided vital information on what Career Source Brevard does for the community:
– Provides workforce solutions to help keep Brevard businesses operating and thriving – whether on the climb to success, during changing economic conditions, in a merger or company restructuring.
–Group of organizations, educators, and businesses in a sector strategy approach to help solve the workforce challenges in Brevard County.
– Helps companies find and hire qualified employees, helping to preserve a healthy community.
– Helps transitioning workers find their way, open doors to new careers, and help them meet the challenges of change.
– Welcomes young adults into the workforce and helps them gain essential workforce skills, foundation training, job experience, and
– Welcomes veterans home, show them career and training, or retraining opportunities and helps them make their way back to work.
– Assists military spouses and military families transition to work locally, and helps them prepare to be successful in their next location.
– Counsels displaced workers, mature workers, assist disabled workers, meet welfare to work challenges and work to cut the red tape for those who can work and want to work.
– Helps area employers successfully manage periods of downsizing, to best serve the business and its affected employees.
– Partners with others in Brevard and beyond to make certain our efforts are effective, sustainable, and collaborative.
– Studies the region, the state, and the nation to bring best practices to Brevard.
Virtual Job Fair is set for June 30 from 10 am to 2 pm. For more information, visit CareerSourceBrevard.com
CareerSource Brevard is always working to develop new options for job seekers and lifelong learners. They also take skills assessments, practice interview skills, explore other careers, and explore the local labor market.
CareerSource Brevard provides free online job search and employer recruiting database resources, dedicated to matching talent and opportunity here in the State of Florida, unlocking job opportunities and hot industry, and job growth options.