FATHER’S DAY RECIPE: Fresh From Florida Shows how to Make Florida Tropical Braised Short Ribs
By Space Coast Daily // June 21, 2020
enjoy this delicious Father's day meal – Bon Appétit!
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Fresh From Florida shows how to make Florida tropical braised short ribs for a delicious Father’s day meal.
• 4-5 pounds Florida beef short ribs
• 2 Florida mangoes, diced small
• 1 Florida papaya, diced small
• ¼ cup Florida Orange blossom honey
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
• ⅓ cup low sodium soy sauce
• ⅓ cup hoisin sauce
• 3 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons oil, for cooking
• Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
• Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Preheat large ovenproof sauté pan to medium-high. Season short ribs with salt and pepper, add oil to pan and sear both sides until golden brown.
• Push ribs to outside of pan and add garlic, ginger, and diced fruit. Sauté until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Add soy sauce, hoisin sauce, vinegar, honey, and mix to combine.
• Cover with lid, place in oven and cook for 2 hours or until tender. Remove from oven and garnish with scallions and cilantro if desired. Serve over rice.
FRESH TIP: This recipe can be prepared in a pressure cooker. Follow the same instructions, but reduce cook time to 30 minutes, and allow a natural pressure release.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS