Fresh From Florida: Make a Tasty Dish of Florida Sweet Corn, Potato and Sausage Chowder
By Space Coast Daily // June 9, 2020
Fresh From Florida Recipe
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Fresh From Florida shows you how to make a delicious recipe of Florida sweet corn, potato, and sausage chowder
- 2 cups Florida potatoes, diced small
- 2 cups fresh Florida sweet corn kernels
- 1/2 cup Florida celery, finely chopped
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs, such as thyme and/or parsley
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose seasoning (your favorite)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, for cooking
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add butter, celery, and onions and saute for 5 minutes or until soft. Add sausage and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Sprinkle in flour and cook for 3 minutes to form a paste (blonde roux). Slowly incorporate broth and milk and stir to blend.
- Add diced potatoes, fresh corn, hot sauce, all-purpose seasoning, salt and pepper. Bring to boil and continue cooking for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Cover and reduce heat to low and simmer until potatoes are tender about 10-15 minutes. Add heavy cream and fresh herbs the last 5 minutes. Serve warm with crusty bread.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS