City of Rockledge Issues State of Local Emergency Order Strongly Urging Face Coverings, In Effect July 13
By Space Coast Daily // July 10, 2020
businesses are requested to deny entry of anyone who is not wearing a face covering
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – The City of Rockledge has issued a State of Local Emergency Order strongly urging face coverings, which goes into effect at 12:01 a.m. on Monday, July 13, 2020.
Governor DeSantis issued Executive Order No. 20- 51 on March 1, 2020, directing the Florida Department of Health to issue a Public Health Emergency.
All businesses with a storefront that allows customers in their building for the purpose of purchasing goods and services are requested to prohibit entry of any person who is not wearing a face covering, with the exception of the below-listed persons:
- Persons under six (6) years of age.
- Persons for whom a face covering would cause impairment due to an existing health condition.
- Persons working in a business or profession who do not have interactions with other persons.
- Persons exercising while maintaining social distancing.
- Persons working in an office when all interactions with others are done with social distancing as recommended by the CDC.
- Persons while eating and/or drinking at a restaurant; provided, however, that face coverings must otherwise be worn in restaurants.
Public Safety, fire, and other life safety healthcare personnel, as their personal protective equipment requirements, will be governed by their respective agencies.
The requirement shall not apply when a person who is hearing-impaired needs to see the mouth of someone.