Fresh From Florida Recipe: Make a Tasty Dish of Florida Gulf Shrimp and Sweet Pepper Stir-Fry
By Space Coast Daily // July 27, 2020
Fresh From Florida Recipe
ABOVE VIDEO: Fresh From Florida shows you how to make a delicious recipe for Florida Gulf Shrimp and Sweet Pepper Stir-Fry.
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Fresh From Florida shows you how to make a delicious recipe for Florida Gulf Shrimp and Sweet Pepper Stir-Fry.
▪ 1 pound Florida shrimp, peeled and deveined
▪ 3 Florida bell peppers, assorted colors, sliced
▪ 1 tablespoon Florida honey
▪ 1 cup Florida orange juice
▪ 1 large onion, sliced
▪ 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
▪ ¼ cup cornstarch
▪ ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
▪ Olive oil for cooking
▪ Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
▪ Lightly coat the shrimp with the cornstarch. Preheat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the preheated sauté pan.
▪ Carefully add the coated shrimp to the sauté pan and cook until almost done, about 3 minutes. Remove the shrimp from the pan and add the peppers and onions.
▪ Cook the peppers for 4 minutes. Add the honey, orange juice, and soy sauce to the pan.
▪ Turn the heat up slightly. Bring the liquid ingredients up to a boil. Turn the heat back down to medium-high and add the shrimp back to the sauté pan.
▪ The sauce should thicken and the shrimp will be cooked after 3 minutes.
▪ Serve over brown rice. Garnish with sesame seeds.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS