Brevard Public Schools Offers Curbside Meals for eLearning Students Starting August 24
By Space Coast Daily // August 14, 2020
Students picking up meals must state their first and last names
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Brevard Public Schools (BPS) is pleased to announce that beginning Monday, August 24, Food and Nutrition Services (FNS) will offer meals to students participating in eLearning from school at home with a cashless Curbside Meal Pick-up program.
This allows BPS to provide nutritional continuity to students who are not attending school in-person and therefore unable to eat in the school cafeteria.
Details of the program:
▪ The meals (breakfast and lunch) will be available at all 84 BPS schools for eLearning students.
▪ Meal pick-up is only available at your assigned school.
▪ Breakfast is available to all students at no charge.
▪ Students will use their current meal benefit status (free, reduced or paid) to participate in lunch.
▪ Meals must be prepaid online at www.mypaymentsplus.com. Cash will not be accepted in the pick-up line for security reasons. Parents should allow 48 hours for their payment to process.
▪ Daily meal pick-up times will vary by school.
Students picking up meals must state their first and last names. Parents/guardians may pick up meals without their child being present provided they have a form of their child’s ID with them.
Examples of valid forms of ID are as follows: student ID card, child’s birth certificate, child’s passport, government-issued child ID card, or a document proving parent/guardian identity and relationship to the child such as a hospital, religious, or daycare record.
Meals for students enrolled in eLearning at satellite sites will occur at the school site that prepares their meals.
▪ Clearlake BLAST will pick up at Cocoa High; Educational Horizons Charter will pick up at Meadowlane Primary; Fieldston Prep will pick up at Apollo Elementary; North/Central Abeyance will pick-up at Merritt Island High; Riverdale will pick up at Palm Bay Elementary; Sculptor Charter will pick up at Imperial Estates; and South Abeyance will pick up at Johnson Middle.
The BPS school meal program is offered through the USDA Child Nutrition Program under the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
The following elementary schools are operating under the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP), and therefore both breakfast and lunch will be available at no charge:
▪ Apollo, Atlantis, Audubon, Cambridge, Cape View, Columbia, Coquina, Creel, Croton, Discovery, Endeavour, Fairglen, Golfview, Harbor City, Imperial Estates, Jupiter, McAuliffe, Mila, Mims, Oak Park, Palm Bay Elementary, Pinewood, Port Malabar, Riviera, Sabal, Saturn, Turner, and University Park.
At non-CEP schools, families will receive breakfast at no charge and will be charged the regular school lunch price based on the student’s status ($1.95 elementary, $2.20 secondary, $.40 reduced).
Parents are encouraged to fill out an application for free or reduced-priced meals for the 2020-21 school year at www.brevardschools.org/page/3473
Students attending Brevard Virtual School or Florida Virtual School are not eligible for Curbside Pick-Up meals. Contact your school for Curbside Pick-Up times.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS