Fresh From Florida Recipe: Make a Tasty Dish of Florida Spiny Lobster Tomato Mac & Cheese
By Space Coast Daily // August 17, 2020
Fresh From Florida Recipe – Delicious!
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Fresh From Florida shows you how to make a delicious recipe of Florida spiny lobster tomato mac & cheese.
▪ 1 pound Florida spiny lobster, cooked and cut into medium sized chunks
▪ 3 large Florida tomatoes, sliced
▪ 1 pound pasta (your favorite shape) cooked
▪ 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
▪ 2 large garlic cloves, minced
▪ ½ cup red onion, chopped fine
▪ ¼ cup all-purpose flour
▪ 3 cups milk, at room temperature
▪ 1 ½ cups sharp Cheddar cheese, grated (or your favorite)
▪ 1 ½ cups grated Gruyere cheese, grated (or your favorite)
▪ 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
▪ ½ cup fresh chives, chopped fine
▪ ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
▪ 1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
▪ 1 tablespoon olive oil
▪ ¼ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped fine
▪ Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
▪ Cook pasta until al dente according to package directions. Drain and set aside. Place 4 tablespoons melted butter in a saucepot over medium-low heat, add garlic and onion and cook until onion is translucent.
▪ Next, whisk in flour and cook flour for several minutes. Carefully pour in milk and bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly.
▪ Continue to cook and whisk until sauce is smooth and thick enough to coat a spoon. Remove sauce from heat and slowly whisk in cheese, a handful at a time.
▪ Season cheese sauce with mustard, chives, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper, to taste. In a large mixing bowl combine cheese sauce and cooked pasta then fold in chopped lobster. Lightly spray a baking dish with pan release spray.
▪ Pour pasta mixture into baking dish. Arrange sliced tomatoes on top of the pasta mixture. In a small bowl combine panko, olive oil and parsley and sprinkle over the tomatoes.
▪ Bake the lobster-tomato mac & cheese in a preheated 375 degree oven for about 10 to 20 minutes or until topping is crisp and cheese sauce is bubbly. Let cool slightly before serving.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS