Tips On Raising Your Home Value With Stamped Concrete
By Space Coast Daily // September 18, 2020
Make Your Home Look More Elegant
When choosing a flooring solution, stamped concrete in an outdoor living space is commonly used.
Compared to plain concrete, stamped concrete is believed to increase a home’s value. Imagine capturing the ambiance of Venice’s mosaic flooring with stamped and stained concrete driveway or pavement.
Learn some expert tips to raise the value of your property with stamped concrete by reading below.
What Is Stamped Concrete
Stamped concrete can last up to 25 years, which is also as long as standard or non-stamped concrete. This concrete can be patterned, embossed, or textured, resembling brick, flagstone, slate, wood, stone, or tile. Stamped concrete can be seen in driveways, interior flooring, sidewalks, and patios.
To help you find the best stamped concrete features applicable to your home, you can check a professional concrete contractor’s website. Concrete is a durable material, allowing you to create a replica of expensive materials, such as slate and tiles.
Check the following tips when designing your outdoor space using stamped concrete:
• Choose patterns and stains that easily match your other flooring.
• Combine stamped concrete ideas with other decorative concrete elements, including acid staining or exposed aggregates.
• For more appeal, make sure to choose a pattern that still looks natural and authentic.
• Incorporate complex designs, such as fountains and steps.
• You might want to consider unique stamped concrete patterns, such as running bond brick, stone, hexagonal tiles, or worn rock.
Use Patterns That Help Make Your Home Look More Elegant
While the asphalt parking lot or driveway is affordable and easy to apply, the appeal is not as impressive as stamped concrete. With brick, slate, or tile resemblance, your outdoor space could look more elegant. Maximize your home’s value by installing beautifully patterned stamped concrete.
Certain concrete stamp patterns work well for traditional homes, while others are suitable for modern homes. Some examples of modern concrete stamp patterns include cut stones, wood planks, and seamless textures. Traditional patterns include cobblestone, brick, European fan, and wood.
Check the following stamped concrete patterns and designs to make your home look more elegant, appealing, and of high value:
• London Cobble Stamp: This pattern comes with a traditional light texture.
• Random Stone: This is heavily textured due to random fieldstones.
• Slate: This stamp pattern resembles stones with a slate surface.
• Classic Wood: It combines multiple wood grains, offering a pronounced, bold, and exposed grain texture.
• Herringbone: This stamped concrete pattern has a wire-cut brick texture with few indentations and sharp corners over the surface.
• European Fan: This pattern has an elegant European fan pattern. It consists of slate stones that are slightly curved rectangles.
• Running Bond: It has smooth joints that resemble a running bond pattern
• Stones of Athens: It’s a concrete stamp pattern that uses marble, limestone, and granite, detailing ancient Greece’s fine craftsmanship.
Use The Power Of Colors
With stamped concrete, you can also choose from different color combinations and patterns. Also, the colors of this concrete can blend with other architectural elements of your home. Revive the beauty of your patio, driveway, and pavement with colored stamped concrete.
Check the following popular choices:
• Grey Stamped Concrete: This color replicates light stones. You can also request one as dark as charcoal.
• Red Stamped Concrete: Make your patio vibrant with a touch of mahogany or terra cotta.
• Brown Stamped Concrete: You can choose from light tans, chocolate, to deep walnut color.
• Water-based Stains: These stains are available in a wide array of vibrant tones such as cobalt blue and red.
Consider Installing Medallion and Border Patterns
One eye-catching stamped concrete design for your patio is a medallion or border pattern. This is because it showcases the concrete’s uniqueness.
You can ask your concrete contractor if they could show you some examples of concrete stamp patterns or mockups. This way, you can experience feeling and actually seeing each pattern, helping you decide what’s best for your property.
Choose A Reputable Concrete Contractor
A professional concrete contractor can help you unleash the beauty of your exterior without spending that much. By working with a good contractor, you can increase your home’s value by applying the tips above. So, take a visit website tour today to know the different concrete services that a top-rated concrete contractor offers.
Here are the good qualities of a good concrete contractor:
• Experienced: Choose an expert contractor with years of experience in handling concrete projects similar to yours.
• Approachable: A good concrete contractor is easy to contact and has good customer service.
• Assertive: This means that they’re ready to answer your questions and even address anticipated ones about concrete designs and installation.
Increase the value of your property by considering stamped concrete installation. You can choose from a wide array of stamped concrete patterns and textures that match your overall home design. With beautiful stamped concrete designs, you can make your home more elegant and look high-end.