Canaveral Port Authority Approves Phase 3 Re-Opening for Jetty Park Beach, Campground
By Space Coast Daily // October 8, 2020
Jetty Park is open from 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM daily
BREVARD COUNTY • PORT CANAVERAL, FLORIDA – Canaveral Port Authority announced on Thursday that Jetty Park Beach and Campground are now in Phase 3 of re-opening.
“The Canaveral Port Authority continues to monitor the COVID 19 virus situation to ensure we are keeping our employees, guests and extended community well informed,” said a spokesperson with Canaveral Port Authority.
“Our “Adjusting Course Phase Three” plan follows the health and safety guidelines recommended by the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). We have implemented safety protocols and practices at our Jetty Park Beach and Campground to prevent and mitigate the spread of the COVID-19 virus in our park and campground.”
“To ensure everyone’s enjoyment and the safe use of our beach, fishing pier and campground facilities, we are continuing to limit campground occupancy and large group gatherings to minimize crowded environments andpromote socially distant protocols.”
What can visitors expect at Jetty Park during the Phase 3
• Jetty Park is open from 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM daily
• Access to parking is available to Jetty Park Passholders only. An Annual pass, 3-month pass or Daily Pass must be purchased online prior to arrival at the park. No credit card or cash transactions can take place at the entrance gate.
• CLICK HERE to purchase parking passes.
• Parking capacity at Jetty Park is at 100%. Once this capacity is reached, the Park will be closed to all motorized vehicles, regardless if the vehicle holds a valid pass or not.
• Current Annual Passholders – CPA will extend the expiration date of your current annual pass by two (2) months. For example, if your current pass is due to expire at the end of September 2020, the new expiration will be end of November 2020.
• Restrooms will be open, however there will be periods of closure to allow for regular cleaning and disinfecting throughout the day.
• Guests, visitors, contractors, vendors and employees must comply with posted signage for mask wearing or social distancing requirements while using Jetty Park. (This includes the beach, beach crossovers, boardwalks, fishing pier, parking areas, campground and restrooms).
• Groups up to 50 or smaller may congregate.
• All guests must maintain 6 feet distance, including while on the fishing pier.
If you are planning to visit Jetty Park, please know…
• All guests should monitor their temperatures and health symptoms before arriving at Jetty Park. Any guest or visitor who is sick or exhibiting symptoms such as fever, cough, and shortness of breath are asked to NOT VISIT Jetty Park until you have been symptom free for 14-days. If you become sick or exhibit symptoms during your visit to Jetty Park, we ask that you leave and not return until you have been symptom free for 14-days.
• Jetty Park staff will wear Personal Protective Equipment (face mask, protective eyewear and disposable gloves) to ensure a safe environment for all.
• Lifeguards will be posted on the beach from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM Daily.
• Jetty Park Campground is opened for limited access – for more information CLICK HERE
• The campground playgrounds remain closed and use of pavilions is limited.
How to purchase tickets to Jetty Park
• Visit our on-line store – CLICK HERE
• Should you have any questions, please call 321-783-7111
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS