Fresh From Florida: Make a Tasty Dish of Grilled Florida Shrimp with Mango and Sweet Chili Sauce
By Space Coast Daily // December 4, 2020
Fresh From Florida Recipe
ABOVE VIDEO: Fresh From Florida shows you how to make grilled Florida shrimp with mange and sweet chili sauce.
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Fresh From Florida shows you how to make grilled Florida shrimp with mange and sweet chili sauce.
- 20 large Florida shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 Florida mangoes, peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons Florida sugar
- 1 cup sweet chili sauce
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped fine
- ¼ cup scallions, sliced fine
- 20 small bamboo skewers
- Cooking oil spray for grilling
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Soak the bamboo skewers in water for at least one hour (this reduces the chance of the skewers burning). Combine the sweet chili sauce, lime juice, ginger, and mint in a small bowl.
- Slice the scallions and set aside. On a clean surface place a mango cube in between the tail and top of a shrimp. Insert the bamboo skewer through the shrimp and mango.
- Repeat the skewering process until all shrimp are skewered, store in the refrigerator until ready to grill. Preheat a charcoal grill (or indoor grill pan) and cook the shrimp and mango skewers.
- When the shrimp is close to being cooked through, glaze with the sweet chili sauce. Sprinkle with the sliced scallions and serve.