Fresh From Florida: Make a Tasty Dish of Florida Chicken and Vegetable Fried Rice – Delicious!
By Space Coast Daily // January 20, 2021
Fresh From Florida Recipe
ABOVE VIDEO: Fresh From Florida shows you how to make a delicious recipe of Florida chicken and vegetable fried rice.
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Fresh From Florida shows you how to make a delicious recipe of Florida chicken and vegetable fried rice.
• (8 ounce) Florida chicken breasts
• 1 Florida bell pepper (any color)
• 1 cup Florida cabbage, sliced thin
• 2 Florida carrots, sliced thin
• 6 Florida mushrooms, sliced thin
• 2 cups Florida spinach
• 2 eggs
• 3 cups cooked rice (brown or white)
• 2 green onions, sliced thin
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 2-3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce or Tamari
• 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
• 3-4 tablespoons olive oil, for cooking
• Chili sauce or sriracha (optional)
• Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
■ Cook rice according to package directions and set aside. Dice the chicken breasts into 1-inch pieces and store in the refrigerator until ready to cook.
■ Prepare and slice all the vegetables and set aside. Mix soy sauce, sesame oil and garlic and set aside. Pre-heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
■ Beat two eggs and scramble, set aside. Next, season the diced chicken with salt and pepper and sauté for 6 minutes or until cook thoroughly. Remove from pan and set aside. Add another tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and sauté the carrots for one to two minutes.
■ Add the bell peppers and cabbage, season with salt and pepper and cook for additional two minutes. Remove the vegetables and set aside.
■ Using the same pan, add a small amount of olive oil and sauté the mushrooms and spinach. Add this to the rest of the cooked chicken and vegetables.
■ Lastly, add a 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the hot pan and stir-fry the rice until it is slightly crisp, add the scrambled eggs and combine.
■ Pour the soy sauce mixture and stir to combine. Serve chicken and vegetables over fried rice in large bowl.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS