Florida Tech Athletics Updates Fan Policy, Two Family Members of Senior Student-Athletes Allowed to Attend Games
By Florida Tech // April 13, 2021
Spring 2021: Spectators not allowed at any remaining indoor sporting events
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Florida Tech Athletics has revised its fan policy for the remainder of the 2020-21 academic year.
Beginning Wednesday, April 14, 2021, only two family members of Florida Tech senior student-athletes will be allowed to attend home outdoor sporting events, including baseball, softball, men’s and women’s lacrosse and men’s and women’s rowing.
Spectators will not be allowed at any of the remaining indoor sporting events for the Spring 2021 season.
“This is one small step in trying to get back to normal in college athletics at Florida Tech,” said Interim Director of Athletics Pete Mazzone. “We are excited to have this opportunity for the families of our student-athletes to be able to attend our home events again and celebrate their accomplishments.”
Florida Tech Spring 2021 Fan Policy
- Each Florida Tech senior student-athlete will be allowed to have up to two family members attend a sporting event.
- No Florida Tech students, faculty and staff will be permitted.
- No visiting team students, alumni, or family members will be permitted.
- In order to attend the event, the family member must be on the player list and provide a valid issued ID.
- Masks must be worn at all times during the sporting event.
- Social distancing is required and must be maintained throughout the event and while in the sports complex.
- Prior to admission, all individuals must undergo a temperature screening.
- All spectators will exit the sports complex after each contest to avoid contact with other teams and fans.
- No interaction with the student-athletes prior to the game is permitted. Post-game, student-athletes are able to meet their family members outside the sports complex, only after the coach has released them.
- Spectators will have a designated restroom that is separate from the players and officials/umpires.
- No concessions will be available on site.
These procedures are in place for the safety and well-being of our student athletes, coaches and staff as well as the fans in attendance.
This fan policy will be strictly enforced. Any spectators who do not abide by the above policy will be subject to removal from the sporting event.