Fresh From Florida: Make a Tasty Recipe of Grilled Spiny Lobster Surf and Turf – Delicious!
By Space Coast Daily // April 5, 2021
Fresh From Florida Recipe
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Fresh From Florida shows you how to make a delicious and healthy dessert of grilled spiny lobster surf and turf.
• 3 raw whole Florida lobster tails, cut in half lengthwise
• 6 (6-ounce) Florida beef tenderloin fillets
• 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
• ¼ cup olive oil
• 2 large shallots, peeled and quartered
• 4 large garlic cloves, peeled and halved
• 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
• Combine the last 6 ingredients in processor and blend until almost smooth. Spread 1 heaping tablespoon seasoned butter over each side of each steak and over each lobster half.
• In a small saucepan melt remaining seasoned butter; keep warm. Heat the grill to medium-high heat and grill steaks 4 minutes per side or until desired doneness.
• Grill lobster tails shell side down for about 5 minutes; turn the lobster over and grill until meat is just opaque in center, about 3 minutes. Transfer steaks and lobster to plates. Serve with warm seasoned butter.