FRESH FROM FLORIDA RECIPE: Florida Pink Shrimp Boil with Sweet Corn and New Potatoes
By Space Coast Daily // April 11, 2021
Serve the shrimp boil with lemon wedges, melted butter and hot sauce
ABOVE VIDEO: Fresh From Florida shows how to cook Florida pink shrimp boil with sweet corn and new potatoes.
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Fresh From Florida shows how to cook Florida pink shrimp boil with sweet corn and new potatoes.
• 1 ½ pounds large Florida pink shrimp (heads off, peeled and deveined if desired)
• 5 ears Florida sweet corn, husked and cut in half
• 1 large Florida tomato, diced small
• 1 pound small new potatoes (peeled if desired)
• 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
• 1 pound cooked smoked sausage, cut into
• 1-inch pieces
• ½ cup seafood boil seasoning mix
• ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped fine Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
• Preheat a large pot over medium-high heat, add oil and sausage and cook until lightly browned (about 2 minutes). Fill pot with the cooked sausage with water until pot is two-thirds full. Add most of the seafood seasoning, reserving a tablespoon for later. Bring the contents of the pot to a boil.
• Add the potatoes and cook for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are ¾ done. Add corn and cook for 4 minutes. Add shrimp and cook until shrimp are cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes.
• Drain all ingredients and place the shrimp boil ingredients on a platter. Lightly season with the remaining seafood boil seasoning mix.
• Garnish the shrimp boil platter with the diced tomato and parsley. Serve the shrimp boil with lemon wedges, melted butter and hot sauce.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS