WATCH: Brevard Public Schools Board Member Katye Campbell Provides a BPS Update
By Space Coast Daily // April 16, 2021
Brevard Public Schools Board Member Katye Campbell serves District 5
ABOVE VIDEO: Brevard Public Schools Board Member Katye Campbell, serving District 5, discussed the upcoming school year and other important information for parents to be aware of.
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Brevard Public Schools Board Member Katye Campbell, serving District 5, discussed the upcoming school year and other important information for parents to be aware of.
Brevard Public Schools has outlined some key takeaways for parents regarding next year:
Preliminary 2021-22 BPS School Year Information
• First Day of School for students is August 10th – published on the board approved calendar
• We are planning for secondary schools to return to a 7 period day vs. block scheduling pending board and community input and approval
• We will be fully brick and mortar and not providing the synchronized eLearning platform
• Students who wish to have virtual options may do so through Brevard Virtual School
• Dual Enrollment will continue as an option for students
• BPS will resume foreign exchange program next year
• We are anticipating a full return to all activities with relevant safety precautions based on prevailing COVID conditions at that time
• The mask mandate as it pertains to next school year is currently being discussed. More information will be provided once it is available
“We understand there are many questions with regard to what next school year will look like,” said BPS in a statement.
“We are currently working through and finalizing many details, but wanted to provide you with some preliminary information as we look forward to a new school year in the fall. As more information becomes available, we will be sharing that with you. Thank you for your continued cooperation, support and for your partnership in educating our children through a very challenging time.”
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS