Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Will No Longer Require Fully Vaccinated Visitors to Wear Masks
By Space Coast Daily // June 17, 2021
Fully vaccinated guests will no longer be required to wear masks
BREVARD COUNTY • KENNEDY SPACE CENTER, FLORIDA – Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex will no longer require fully vaccinated visitors to wear masks inside, outside or on buses, effective Thursday June 17, 2021.
“We are encouraged by the national trends we are seeing, with new infection rates going down, and the number of fully vaccinated U.S. citizens going up,” Therrin Protze, chief operating officer of Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, said.
“We will continue to scale back our guest and employee safety policies in accordance with recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).”
Earlier this week, Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex announced a move into the next phase of reopening, which includes:
- Increased hours of operation from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. daily
- Earlier bus transportation to Apollo/Saturn V Center, starting at 9:30 a.m.
- Expanded dining options including the opening of Red Rock Grill and Moon Rock Cafe
- More appearances by Spaceperson, with the addition of an 8:45 a.m. appearance at the front entrance
- The addition of Eyes on the Universe, a live presentation, that showcases the farthest reaches of the universe via 3D 4K resolution images from deep space, to the daily schedule.
As always, the health and safety of employees and guests is the highest priority for Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex. Leadership will continue to assess the situation and make adjustments to the availability of exhibits, tours and experiences as deemed safe and appropriate.
In accordance with the CDC’s recommendations, the visitor complex will continue all precautionary measures, including limited attendance and encouraging advance daily admission purchases; requiring face coverings for guests who have not been fully vaccinated against COVID-19; accommodating social distancing queues in restaurants, show viewing areas, and other facilities throughout the complex; and implementing increased frequency of sanitization and disinfection.
Additional details are available HERE.