BPS: Face Mask Mandatory While on School Property, School Board Property
By Space Coast Daily // September 14, 2021
BPS: face mask mandatory on school board property, schools property & school transportation
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Brevard Public Schools released a statement on Tuesday as a reminder that the emergency face mask policy passed by the school board last month is still in effect.
BPS says the policy makes wearing a face mask mandatory while on school board property, including schools and school transportation.
Important Information to Remember from BPS:
– Each Pre-K-12 student, employee, visitor, vendor, or other person is required to wear a face covering at all times while indoors on school district property.
– A child younger than two years old and a person with a medical certification are not required to have a face covering. Medical Certification: A face covering shall not be required for persons who present school district staff with a certification from a licensed health care provider that the person has a medical, physical, or psychological contraindication that prevents the person from being able to safely wear a face covering.
– Other times a face covering is not required: students with supervisor’s approval, eating and drinking, strenuous physical activity, receiving health care, exigent circumstances.
– A face covering IS NOT needed if a student or adult is outside.
– The mask mandate will reduce quarantines of students and staff, based on CDC guidelines.
BPS says they have seen a decline in quarantines since the mask mandate was put into place on August 30.
“The mask mandate, along with other COVID-19 mitigation efforts, will allow school staff to remain focused on the number one priority, educating your child,” said BPS in a released statement.