COUNTY OFFICIALS: COVID-19 Booster Shots Are Now Available in Brevard County
By Space Coast Daily // September 28, 2021
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Third doses or boosters of the Pfizer vaccine for COVID-19 are now available at locations throughout Brevard County, but only to those who qualify under current Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines.
The Pfizer booster is recommended for people who have completed their initial series at least 6 months ago and:
• Received an organ transplant and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
• Received a stem cell transplant within the last 2 years or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
• Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
• Advanced or untreated HIV infection
• Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that may suppress your immune response
• Been receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood
The Moderna booster shot is also available, but is only recommended at this time for those who are moderately to severely immunocompromised, such as those who are organ transplant recipients, on immunosuppressant medications or under active treatment for cancer, and who have not received a COVID-19 vaccine within the past 28 days.
COVID-19 vaccinations and booster shots are available throughout the county.
To find a location near you, visit https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/vaccines/vaccine-locator/
As a reminder, you do not have to acquire your booster shot from the same location you received your initial vaccinations.