Cocoa Police, Fire Personnel Respond to RV Blaze Caused By Overturned Candle
By Space Coast Daily // November 11, 2021
occupants made it out alive and unharmed, being assisted by American Red Cross
BREVARD COUNTY • COCOA, FLORIDA – Cocoa police officers and Cocoa firefighters responded to an RV fire recently that was caused by an unattended lighted candle.
According to the Cocoa Police Department, the two occupants of the RV went to sleep but forgot to blow out the candle in the kitchen, the candle fell over, and then started the blaze that destroyed the RV.
The occupants made it out alive and unharmed and are being assisted by police victim advocates and the American Red Cross.
“Police dispatchers, patrol officers and firefighters worked quickly to protect other lives and property in the immediate area,” said Cocoa police officials.
“This is a painful reminder that something as simple as a lighted candle can turn your world upside down. Please use this story as a reminder to be extra cautious with lighted candles. This can happen in the blink of an eye!”
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS