10 Best Places to Get Tapas in Madrid
By Space Coast Daily // January 21, 2023
Madrid is known for its delicious tapas, and there are countless bars and restaurants throughout the city that serve up mouth-watering small plates.
From classic dishes like tortilla española and croquetas to more modern takes on tapas, there is something for everyone in Madrid.
To help you navigate the city’s tapas scene, we’ve put together a list of the 10 best places to get tapas in Madrid.
These restaurants and bars have been hand-picked by us at Holiday Swap for their delicious food, great atmosphere, and excellent service.
So whether you’re a local looking for a new spot to try or a visitor to Madrid looking to experience the city’s famous tapas culture, be sure to check out Holiday Swap’s ‘10 best places to get tapas in Madrid’.
- Casa Mono: This traditional tavern in the heart of Madrid offers a wide variety of tapas, including traditional dishes such as croquetas, tortilla española, and jamón ibérico. The atmosphere is lively and the service is friendly.
- La Musa: Located in the trendy neighborhood of Malasaña, La Musa is known for its creative and modern take on traditional tapas. The menu changes seasonally and features high-quality ingredients.
- El Sur: This restaurant in the Chamberí neighborhood offers a variety of tapas with a focus on southern Spanish cuisine. They are particularly famous for their seafood dishes, and has a rustic and cozy atmosphere.
- El Club Allard: This elegant restaurant offers a mix of traditional and contemporary tapas, and is located in the Chamberí neighborhood. The menu features a variety of seafood, meat and vegetable dishes, and has a refined atmosphere.
- La Taberna del Chato: This traditional tavern in the Lavapiés neighborhood is one of the oldest in Madrid, and it offers a wide variety of delicious tapas, from classic dishes to more innovative creations. It’s a great spot for a casual night out with friends.
- Casa Toni: This casual tavern in the Malasaña neighborhood is known for its traditional tapas, including croquetas, tortilla, and jamón. The atmosphere is casual and friendly, and the portions are generous.
- Casa Labra: This historic tavern offers a variety of traditional tapas and is particularly famous for its seafood dishes. It’s a great spot for a casual night out with friends and family.
- Botin: This is a historic restaurant that has been open since 1725, and is considered one of the most famous in Madrid. They are famous for their roasted meats, particularly their suckling pig and cochinillo.
- La Casa del Abuelo: This small, cozy restaurant is famous for its traditional tapas. They are particularly famous for their tortilla, croquetas, and jamón ibérico.
- El Sur de Gran Vía: This restaurant offers a variety of tapas with a focus on southern Spanish cuisine. They are particularly famous for their seafood dishes and has a lively atmosphere.
We hope you enjoyed reading our list of the 10 best places to get tapas in Madrid. These restaurants and bars are sure to provide you with a delicious and authentic tapas experience.
And remember, when it comes to finding the perfect place to stay in Madrid, be sure to check out Holiday Swap for all your accommodation needs. With a wide range of properties available, from apartments to breathtaking chalets, you’re sure to find the perfect place to call home while you explore the city.
And don’t forget to keep an eye on our blog for more reviews, travel tips, and recommendations for your next trip. Here is the Holiday Swap’s Top 100!
Thanks for reading and happy travels!