Things to Do in Paris Most Important Places to Discover
By Space Coast Daily // March 13, 2023
Paris is the most beautiful and elegant city in the world! A symbol of love, romance, and sophistication.
There is probably not a person on earth who hasn’t dreamt of visiting this magical city, experiencing this atmosphere of relaxation, appreciating French cuisine, and getting incredible aesthetic pleasure from a stroll along the beautiful boulevards.
Paris is a city that has everything that travelers dream of. This includes numerous museums with exquisite collections, good shopping, and, of course, entertainment for all tastes. In this article, you’ll get a quick guide to the places you must visit to get the most out of your trip.
But before we start exploring this popular city, let’s tackle an organizational issue. Since Paris is one of the most visited places in the world, it’s very easy to fall for scammers because of the huge flow of tourists. Yes, yes, we’re talking about airport transfer now. And to prevent this from happening, once you arrive in the city, you can hire Paris taxi transfers and forget about all the problems – you’ll ensure yourself a comfortable and safe trip with AtoB airport taxi.
Well, the transport issue is solved, and now let’s take a walk around Paris!
A must-see when visiting Paris for the first time
For every tourist has interesting places in the capital of France, but getting here for the first time – it’s a sin not to look at those places in Paris, which are the hallmark of the city. So, the first place you should tell the airport taxi driver to go is the Eiffel Tower, it’s just a tick on your list to be ticked off. We won’t tell a lot of boring history, let’s just say that they built it in 1889 for the World’s Fair and once wanted to dismantle it (Thank God they didn’t). Take a couple of photos of the main symbol of France! (And take a walk around the Champ de Mars).
Next up is the Montmartre Quarter – simply one of the most romantic places in Paris. Famous for the fact that it was once home to ordinary people who later grew up to become internationally renowned artists, such as Pablo Picasso, Van Gogh, Edouard Monet, and many others. Isn’t it fascinating? Real art lovers will appreciate the place and the atmosphere!
Another iconic place in Paris that is a must-see is Notre Dame de Paris, an unofficial name (The Heart of Paris) – and it’s hard to disagree with that. It took almost a century to build this marvellous cathedral, and how much this building has seen is both frightening and wonderful to imagine. By the way, come to Notre Dame and climb the 387 steps – you’ll get a great panorama of Paris.
And the last place on the list of the must-see if you come to Paris for the first time – Is the Champs-Elysées – everyone heard this phrase at least once in his life. The length of this most beautiful Parisian avenue is almost 2 km and has a considerable width – 71 meters. The Champs-Elysées stretch from Place de la Concorde to Place du Soleil, where the famous Arc de Triomphe stands. It’s a good idea to walk or take AtoB Paris airport transfer around the place. And right on top of the arch, there’s a steep observation deck with an interesting view of the city.
Unusual but very important places in Paris, in our opinion, if it’s not your first time there:
1) Breakfast on the Seine. You can take an airport taxi and drive to the Seine. On this lovely river, at dawn, when all of Paris is still asleep, take a mini cruise. Have a nice morning, have a coffee with a traditional croissant, and enjoy the view of the Seine River!
2) The Forest of Vincennes. This place was once the hunting estate of all the kings of France, just a very beautiful and picturesque place to come on some day after a busy walk and relax your soul!
3) The Catacombs of Paris. This is a very popular place in Paris, but not all tourists remember it all the time anyway, relative to the same Eiffel Tower. Take an AtoB airport transfer to the winding underground tunnels and man-made caves that sprawled out in the heart of Paris. At one time the remains of nearly 6 million people were reburied in these catacombs. It’s a very important historical place in Paris to visit.
4) France in Miniature Park. If you reserve an airport transfer and go close to Versailles you will find one interesting place – France in Miniature Park. There are copies (on a scale of 1:30) of the most famous architectural sights in France. In total there are 160 replicas. The park’s slogan “Walk through France in giant steps!” this phrase would be perfect for your Instagram post with a miniature city backdrop! What’s more, the mini-town is made alive with miniature moving railways, services are heard in all the cathedrals, a march is played near the Louvre and the sound of a football match is heard in the stadium. The park itself is quite large and it will take at least 3 hours to get around.
5) The oldest tree in Paris. Take a Paris airport taxi to Notre Dame and next to it – or rather opposite it, on the opposite bank of the Seine – you will find the oldest tree in the country. Just to be clear, it’s near the oldest churches in Paris, Saint-Julien-le-Pauvre. This tree is over 400 years old! Just imagine how many events it has seen! To be exact, the tree was planted in 1601 and this is confirmed by its personal “passport” and an official plaque. Even though it’s a bit rotten (so it’s supported by two concrete supports), it continues to bloom every year, we think it deserves your selfies next to it. It continues to bloom, having survived the First World War in the process.