AAA: Gas Prices Drifting Lower, Central Florida Drivers Paying Average of $2.54
By Space Coast Daily // December 10, 2019
Florida drivers are now paying an average price of $2.52 per gallon for regular gasoline
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Florida gas prices are drifting lower after unexpectedly jumping last week. The state average increased 11 cents per gallon on Wednesday, before declining two pennies over the weekend.
Florida drivers are now paying an average price of $2.52 per gallon for regular gasoline. The state average is 9 cents more than a week ago, and 24 cents per gallon more than last year.
Florida drivers are paying nearly $4 more for a tank of gasoline than they did this time last year. Even still, the average fill up costs $4.50 less than it did earlier this year, when prices hit their 2019 peak in April.
“Florida gas prices increased along-side crude oil and gasoline futures prices last week,” said Mark Jenkins, spokesman, AAA – The Auto Club Group.
“Fuel prices rose after weekly supply data showed a dip in crude supplies that was bigger than industry insiders expected. Upward pressure also remained amid renewed optimism over the US-China trade deal and news that OPEC and its allies agreed to cut production at a higher rate than experts expected.
“Pump prices appear to be trending lower to start the week. The latest wholesale prices suggest a gradual return to the mid-$2.40s for the state average, but volatility remains.”
- Most expensive metro markets – West Palm Beach-Boca Raton ($2.62), Sebring ($2.57), Port St. Lucie ($2.56)
- Least expensive metro markets – Pensacola ($2.37), Crestview-Fort Walton Beach ($2.42), Panama City ($2.45)
Florida’s State Average:
- 28th-most expensive state average in the U.S.
- 2nd-largest weekly increase of any state in the U.S. (9 cents; Michigan increased 10 cents)
- Largest monthly increase of any state in the U.S. (11 cents)
Find Florida Gas Prices
- Daily gas price averages can be found at Gasprices.aaa.com
- State and metro averages can be found here
|AAA GAS PRICE AVERAGES
(Price per gallon of regular unleaded gasoline)
|Sunday||Saturday||Week Ago||Month Ago||One Year Ago||2019 High
|2018 High||Record High|
|National||$2.577||$2.581||$2.591||$2.628||$2.427||$2.895||$2.97 (5/26/2018)||$4.11 (7/17/2008)|
|Florida||$2.523||$2.530||$2.433||$2.414||$2.284||$2.795||$2.92 (5/25/2018)||$4.08 (7/17/2008)|
|Georgia||$2.420||$2.423||$2.449||$2.437||$2.221||$2.735||$2.84 (5/27/2018)||$4.16 (9/15/2008)|
|Click here to view current gasoline price averages|