Fresh From Florida: Make a Tasty Dish of Florida Eggplant, Tomato and Mozzarella Melt
By Space Coast Daily // January 12, 2020
Fresh From Florida Recipe
ABOVE VIDEO: Fresh From Florida shows you how to make Florida eggplant, tomato and mozzarella melt.
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Fresh From Florida shows you how to make Florida eggplant, tomato and mozzarella melt.
- 1 Florida eggplant sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 Florida tomatoes, sliced
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella, sliced
- Olive oil
- 8 slices rustic bread or rolls
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly drizzle olive oil onto the sliced eggplant and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the eggplant on a cookie sheet and in the oven.
- Cook eggplant in the oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove the eggplant from the oven and turn the oven to broil.
- Lightly drizzle the bread with olive oil, and toast under the broiler.
- Remove the bread from the broiler when it is toasted. To assemble the sandwich layer the eggplant, tomato, and mozzarella.
- Place the sandwich back under the broiler to melt the cheese. Remove sandwich from oven and serve warm.