What Are the Most Powerful Marijuana Strains in the World?
By Space Coast Daily // July 22, 2022
Powerful varieties of marijuana are always in trend. They are wanted not only by THC-tolerant growers but also by newcomers who have not yet had any background and have decided to test their strength. The maximum concentration of THC in such varieties directly depends on genetics. It is the foundation of the power of the final product.
Which Varieties Are More Powerful: Photoperiod or Auto-Flowering?
Typically, photoperiod cannabis strains have higher levels of THC than auto-flowering varieties. This is because the Ruderalis gene is present in auto-flowering varieties, which is the reason for the decrease in power. This difference was especially noticeable many years ago when auto-flowering strains were just beginning to appear. But today, growers can easily get powerful autos that are almost as strong as photoperiod strains.
It should be remembered that photoperiod cannabis varieties have a longer life cycle and are not suitable for outdoor cultivation in difficult climatic zones with short summers. In indoor growing conditions, the care of plant lighting falls entirely on the shoulders of the grower, which can be difficult, especially for beginners. For example, you can buy Chiquita Banana seeds in a cannabis seed bank since they are considered to be one of the most powerful on the planet.
Determining the exact amount of THC in marijuana is not easy. This is done by experienced breeders in the laboratory, calculating the indicator using huge formulas. To obtain a reliable result, they consider the loss of molecular weight, which is the same for all strains. Because of this, there is a significant error in determining the final indicator of THC.
Despite some genetic challenges, photoperiod cannabis strains have several obvious advantages:
■ Due to its long life cycle, photoperiod cannabis is larger and more productive.
■ By adjusting the lighting mode, the grower himself can influence the duration of the cannabis vegetation, plant size, and flowering and ripening time.
■ You can use the bush as a mother plant to get clones (unlimited source of new seedlings without the need to purchase seeds).
Top 5 Powerful Photoperiod Marijuana Strains
Among the powerful varieties of cannabis, the following should be highlighted:
1. Gorilla Glue #4 fem. The variety has a high THC concentration of 28%. It is ideal for relieving pain, relieving muscle tension, and overcoming insomnia. The variety is quite easy to cultivate, which makes it easy to grow even for novice growers.
2. Bruce Banner #3 fem. In addition to a high THC of 28%, this variety is unpretentious and productive. The effect has a slight sedative effect. It pleasantly relaxes the body and gives a feeling of lightness, completely relieving pain, stress, and nervous tension.
3. Y Griega. It is actively prescribed to patients with migraines, glaucoma, chronic fatigue syndrome, and loss of appetite. Its bud resin contains 27.1% THC, making Y Griega one of the killer buds on the market. A pleasant addition to the powerful effect are notes of lemon and coniferous forest in the taste and aroma of the variety.
4. Amherst Sour Diesel. With an 80% Sativa content and a high THC content of 27%, this strain will make every neuron in your head dance to the sound of psychedelic music for hours. In addition to a powerful impact, it will please you with just a record yield — up to 3 kg per bush. This is a great choice for walks, noisy parties, and diluting the daily routine by painting the world in bright colors. Unlike most Sativa varieties, it stands out for its relatively fast flowering. This process takes him 65-70 days.
5. Tutankhamon. The variety turned out so successful that it quickly earned the love of growers around the world. It is a compact, highly branched plant that can bring the owner up to 1.5 kg of unusually resinous buds with a pleasant citrus aroma. The plant perfectly adapts to almost any growing conditions and is perfect for both beginners and experienced growers. The THC value in Tutankhamun buds reaches 25%. However, manufacturers claim that some tests showed a figure of 30%. The variety has a powerful and long-lasting high effect, in which a light body stone is felt.
The Most Powerful Cannabis Variety
If you’re on the hunt for maximum THC levels and aren’t afraid to experiment, Barney’s Farm’s new Indica-dominant Runtz Muffin is rapidly gaining popularity.
Runtz Muffin is the result of a painstaking crossbreeding of Zkittlez x Gelato #33 x Orange Punch. The resulting hybrid is 70% Indica and 30% Sativa.
This variety blooms in 56-63 days. In outdoor conditions, it can reach 2 meters in height with a yield of up to 1 kg. Indoors, the height varies between 100 and 120 cm, and the yield is 550-600 gr/m2. Suitable for both beginners and experienced growers.
Tasting this variety is like being wrapped in a sweet-smelling blanket of fragrant lavender bliss with a hint of clementine. Dense smoldering smoke will fill you with a feeling of joy and euphoria, which will be with you throughout the day.
Even though there are a considerable number of powerful varieties of cannabis, there are always constant favorites that can turn the inner world of everyone.