VIDEO: Emeril Lagasse’s Easy Signature Chicken Parmigiana Recipe
By Space Coast Daily // September 4, 2016
this dish cooks up with a BAM!
ABOVE VIDEO: Emeril shares his classic Italian chicken parmigiana recipe. With a few added spices, this dish cooks up with a BAM! (Emeril Lagasse Video)
- 1/2 pound cooked linguine, fettuccine, or other pasta
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 pound mozzarella cheese, cut into 4 equal portions
- 1 cup Emeril’s Kicked Up Tomato Sauce, or your favorite red pasta sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Baby Bam
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (5 to 6 ounces each)
- Position rack in upper third of oven and preheat to broil.
- Season each chicken breast with 1/2 teaspoon (1/4 teaspoon per side) of the Baby Bam.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Put the chicken, smooth side down, in the skillet and cook for 4 minutes. Using tongs, turn the chicken breasts to the other side and cook for 2 minutes longer. Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the tomato sauce over each breast.
- Top each breast with a portion of the mozzarella cheese and one tablespoon of the Parmesan cheese.
- Using oven mitts or pot holders, carefully place the skillet under the broiler and cook until the cheese melts, bubbles, and is lightly golden, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remember, broiler temperatures are very hot — have an adult help here.
- Using oven mitts or pot holders, remove the skillet from the oven. Serve the chicken over the cooked pasta of your choice.