Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk
The Women’s Business Center at Florida Tech and the Rotary Club of Indialantic are walking to support breast cancer patients and survivors. Join our team (Courage, Heart and Soul) this year.
October 20, 2012 • 8 a.m. • Space Coast Stadium
Making Strides events are a celebration of survivorship – an occasion to express hope and our shared goal to end a disease that threatens the lives of so many people we love. Join us as we honor breast cancer survivors, remember those we have lost to this disease, and raise funds and awareness to help end it forever.
Here’s the most important part – when you donate, more people in our community will…
- Have information and tools they need to stay well from breast cancer or find the disease early, when it’s easiest to treat.
- Have a place to turn for help 24/7 if they are facing breast cancer.
- Benefit from the progress being made toward finding breast cancer’s causes and cure.
- Get access to lifesaving mammograms and treatment.
Last year our team was in the top 10 for our community and raised over $6000 – literally one $10, $25, and $50 donation at a time – so please, no matter how much or how little you can give, click one of the links at the bottom of this email and support breast cancer patients with a donation of any amount. Together, we’ll save lives and create a world with less breast cancer and more birthdays for those people who have the COURAGE, HEART and SOUL to battle this dreadful disease.
Here’s what you can do:
1. Join the team and walk with us and help to raise funds through your network of friends. If you can’t walk, join the team and help us fundraise online through your social contacts.
Join the Courage, Heart, and Soul Team. Click the “Join our Team” button. Or, contact the Women’s Business Center at 674-7006 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get you signed up.
2. Make a donation to the team.
3. Order a team t-shirt for $20. Proceeds will go toward our team goal. Order size S, M, L or XL. To order, contact Jamie Hill.
4. Attend the “Boobies in Disguise Bra Decorating Party” on Thursday, October 4 at 5:30 p.m.
Please RSVP to Sherrie Sowers by emailing her or calling (610) 563-4975. Space is limited. Bring a pink bra to decorate. The bras will be on display at the “Put on Your Pink Bra” fashion show fundraiser – details below.
5. Attend our breast cancer “Put on Your Pink Bra” fashion show fundraiser called “Boobies in Disguise with Diamonds” on October 10 at 12 p.m.at the Eau Gallie Yacht Club in Indian Harbour Beach. Top models, males and females, from various Rotary Clubs and the WBC will be “strutting their newly decorated bras” during the luncheon. Lunch will be $20.
Thank you for your generous support! Help us to reach our team goal of $10,000 this year so that we can care for more women and men in our community who need to be loved through this traumatic time in their life.