PARENTS: Test Your Knowledge With Questions Related To Your Children’s Health
By The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention // July 17, 2015
EDITOR’S NOTE: This True/False quiz from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) will test your knowledge about some frequently asked questions related to children’s health. Click on an answer for each question to find out if you’re right and to learn more about the topic on the CDC website.
— Dr. Jim Palermo, Editor-in-Chief
1. Parents should start cleaning their child’s teeth as soon as the first tooth appears.
2. Children younger than 6 years should use enough toothpaste with fluoride to cover the toothbrush.
4. Less than 25% of all rapes of females occur before age 18.
5. Birth defects are the leading cause of death in children and adolescents.
7. Kids should wash their hands vigorously together for 20 seconds to remove germs.
8. For babies under 6 months of age, sunscreen is the best defense against sunburn.
10. By the age of 20, the average woman has acquired most of her skeletal mass.