How Does The Construction Industry Benefit From Drilling Tools?
By Space Coast Daily // October 27, 2019
In layman’s terms, construction means building something. But technically speaking, it means building power plants, railways, houses, and other large structures, especially when it comes to engineering.
And construction has its types and phases wherein it involves the utilization of different kinds of machinery and equipment.
One of the most used and vital ones are drilling tools. Whether large or small projects, a construction may use one, two, or many types of drilling tools.
That’s why drilling tools benefit construction companies through the following:
- Proper Installation of Pipes
Horizontal directional drilling is not only used for gas and oil industries as this type of drilling is also applicable when installing pipes.
The installation of underground pipes is most common in irrigation or residential sewer line. To make construction companies install pipes the right way, an HDD or horizontal directional drilling tools are required.
Some companies selling HDD tools have various types that can cater to the specific needs of the construction companies that promise value-added services to their customers.
For tough drilling situations, some pilot bits are manufactured to meet such drilling needs from medium to soft rock to hard rocks.
Moreover, with the advent of technology, a lot of HDD tools nowadays offer a smoother drill because of their precise positioned cutting structures like the coring bits for drilling in Canada.
Some even have the following advances in HDD:
- Computer and virtual reality simulations for training
- Digital touch screens for guidelines
- Locating and navigating systems for steering
Thus, when a construction company used an HDD machine, they can achieve the following:
- Avoid disturbing the ground above when installing roadways or waterways below
- Work on various types of grounds
- Manage the parts easily
- Lessen mistakes that take up money and time because of its easy to read guidelines, training, and simulations
- Avoid damaging existing pipelines with its pullback device
- Maximize profits as it increases accuracy and efficiency due to its advanced system
- Install service lines both for businesses or homes due to its capacity to ream for more than 12” hole
- Ability to Remodel or Improve a Building
Home improvements have gone from wood to concrete remodeling. Or some concrete structures need a sprinkler system, HVAC ducting, plumbing, or phone lines installation.
Thus, it involves core drilling, which includes perfectly drilled holes in structures like the ceilings, floors, concrete walls, and others.
Therefore, you will need a drilling tool that can make holes through a surface with its cylindrical and hollow drill known as a core drill.
The use of a core drill can benefit a construction company through the following:
- The ability to drill various surfaces such as ice, rock, wood or cement using specific drill bits
- For massive concrete construction projects, the large drills are beneficial, while small core drills are enough for persons using it at home.
- For some companies that want to evaluate a structures’ quality of cement, a core drill is beneficial as it has a hollow center of the drill that can extract a sample from the structure.
- To improve a structure, some construction companies stop termites from moving towards the underground by pumping long-lasting insecticides into the ground through holes. Core drills will achieve a perfect hole without damaging the whole structure.
- When a new room like a bathroom is added on a structure, a construction company needs to install more IT cables, conduits, or electrical wirings. When putting up such wrings, the company must drill holes to the already existing structures.
- For line drilling used in making rows of holes in small spaces, construction companies need core drills. These drilling tools can help companies install a new staircase without the need to ruin the entire building when maneuvering difficult large concrete saws.
- Portable and Quick Completion of Many Projects
After large drilling or hard surfaces or structures, the insides of a building need more but for minor drilling projects.
Drilling small holes when decorating or finishing up a house or building requires portable or cordless drills. These types of drills are one of the handiest and useful tools of a carpenter or construction worker.
If you are looking for the best portable or cordless drills, your search is over!
Here are some advantages of using a portable driller:
Install and remove screws easily – when assembling or attaching a project, screws are one of the best materials to hold the project into place. Using a cordless drill, the worker can easily insert it into the project as the driller’s bit can position the screw on its end instead of manually holding the screw to insert in its desired place.
Install furniture into a concrete – most portable drills can also penetrate a screw into a block of concrete without exerting much effort. Because of its strong rotating action, the bolts are easily driven into the concrete. To decrease the wearing of the outer tube of a driller, a reaming shell for drilling in Canada is useful as it stabilizes the vibration of the driller.
Install drywalls – when using a portable driller, the worker can easily hold the drywall and insert the screw on the drywall to the wall due to its magnetic screw tip. Thus, one can insert drywalls without the need for another hand.
Cut out a perfect hole – cordless driller can also cut out a perfect hole that can be used when installing drains, sink faucets, or doorknobs. Portable drillers have hole-saw bits that you can use for different hole sizes.
Construction has different phases that require various equipment and types of machinery. Construction tools have different uses, too. Thus, the need for drilling tools is high for construction companies.
Not only are drilling devices necessary for large projects, but portable drilling tools are also necessary for finishing, repairing, or remodeling a building.
Therefore, not only will it make the work faster and more efficient, but it gives out the outcome that a client desires.