FBI: NASCAR’s Bubba Wallace Not Victim of Hate Crime, Alleged ‘Noose’ Rope Was a Garage Door Pull Rope
By Space Coast Daily // June 23, 2020
FBI: pull rope had been on the garage door since October 2019
ABOVE VIDEO: Bubba Wallace emotional as NASCAR’s drivers, Richard Petty stand with him. (Fox Sports Video)
TALLADEGA, ALABAMA – The FBI announced on Tuesday that NASCAR driver Bubba Wallace was not the victim of a hate crime and concluded in the investigation that the alleged ‘noose’ rope found in Wallace’s garage stall was a garage door pull rope that had been on the garage door since October 2019.
“On Monday, fifteen FBI special agents conducted numerous interviews regarding the situation at Talladega Superspeedway. After a thorough review of the facts and evidence surrounding this event, we have concluded that no federal crime was committed,” said FBI in a released statement.
The FBI learned that garage number 4, where the alleged ‘noose’ was found, was assigned to Bubba Wallace last week.
“The investigation also revealed evidence, including authentic video confirmed by NASCAR, that the noose found in garage number 4 was in that garage as early as October 2019. Although the noose is now known to have been in garage number 4 in 2019, nobody could have known Mr. Wallace would be assigned to garage number 4 last week,” the FBI added.

The FBI took over the investigation on Monday after public outcry on Sunday from NASCAR pundits and media claimed the alleged incident had racial motivations.
Last week, Wallace voiced his support for NASCAR to eliminate the Confederate flag from flying inside NASCAR venues.
Shortly after making his stance public, NASCAR echoed Wallace’s words and eliminated the display of the Confederate flag inside race car tracks venues.

Wallace has also been an advocate for Black Lives Matter and designed the outside of his car last week, dedicated to the organization.
“The decision not to pursue federal charges is proper after reviewing all available facts and all applicable federal laws,” said the FBI in a concluding statement on Tuesday.
but they took them down anyway?? pic.twitter.com/0yiph9MZEC
— Joshua Brown 🇺🇸 (@JoshuaBrown18) June 23, 2020
— NASCAR (@NASCAR) June 23, 2020
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS