Major Differences of CBD Oil From Other Hemp Related Products
By Space Coast Daily // August 7, 2020
With the growing popularity of marijuana and cannabis-based products for recreational and medical purposes, these products have stirred up a lot of confusion among consumers.
According to Learning CBD, CBD oil and other hemp-related products have differences ranging from their prices, content, availability, uses, ingredients used, and the methods of production.
If you’re curious about the major disparities between CBD oil and other hemp-related products, then let’s dive in and find out.
• Ingredients Used
The most common and quickest way to identify the difference between CBD oil and other hemp-related products is to check what they’re made of.
Below are the ingredients used to prepare both:
• CBD Oil – The whole hemp plant is used to produce CBD oil. Usually, it’s produced from a cannabis strain which is rich in cannabidiol and can support a variety of biological functions. The oil tinctures contain some type of carrier oil such as olive oil, and other associates such as full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, terpenes, and phytocannabinoid-rich.
• Hemp-related products – These products get extracted from the seeds of the hemp plant, and are rich in cannabidiol but low on tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). Their ingredients include raw organic unrefined seed oil. Though other hemp-related products are healthy and nutritious, they lack medical properties. Nonetheless, the products are mostly used for cooking and as part of beauty products.
• Method of Production – The differences in the mode of production are related to the part of the plant under extraction, the extraction machine, the actual process of production, the chemical used, and the manpower involved in production.
• CBD Oil – Its production involves a high-tech extraction process called the supercritical CO2 extraction. The end product is a dark-gold oil with an earthy plant flavor. Usually, CO2 mixes with the plant material used to extract CBD oil in a chamber. In the chamber, CO2 requires an equal amount of temperature and pressure for it to achieve its intended superficial state.
With extra heat within the chamber, the plant materials break up taking with them the vital compounds. The gas property of the extraction allows it to effuse through plant matter while the liquid part allows for the efficient extraction of compounds.
Other ways of extracting CBD oil include steam distillation and solvent extraction.
• Hemp-related products – Their production involves subjecting hemp seeds to cold press extraction, and the final product takes a dark-green color with a nutty flavor. It’s mechanically extracted in relatively low temperatures not exceeding 40 degrees Celsius. It’s then bleached and the sediments mechanically removed by filtration.
• Availability and Difference in Prices – It’s important to know the best types of CBD oil and hemp-related products, including their prices and where to buy them due to existing counterfeit products in the market and misleading product information.
• CBD Oil – CBD oils are relatively expensive due to their cost of production. Also, their premium qualities that contain phytocannabinoids and terpenes contribute to their high prices. Nevertheless, they are readily available in local pharmacies or health food stores. Other reputable suppliers also sell these CBD oil products in online stores.
• Hemp related products – These are relatively cheap due to their cost of production. The cold-press extraction is a rather traditional way of extraction which doesn’t require a technical workforce compared to CO2 extraction. Furthermore, hemp-related products are readily available in local grocery stores, beauty stores, and online shops.
• Their Uses and Benefits – To ensure optimal results, knowing both the benefits of and how to use CBD Oil and hemp-related products is essential.
CBD oil is available for consumption in various forms such as vape oil, tinctures, and capsule ingestion.
It offers the following benefits:
• Body relaxation.
• Treating anxiety and stress management.
• Treatment of medical conditions such as epilepsy, schizophrenia, multiple sclerosis, and arthritis.
• Educes sleep for individuals with insomniac cases.
On the other hand, you’ll need to mix hemp-related products with beverages and food in order to reap the maximum benefits that such products have to offer. Here are some of the top reasons to use them:
• Source of plant-based protein and rich in fatty acids and antioxidants.
• Reduces body inflammation.
• Management of skin conditions such as acne, eczema, or psoriasis.
• Acts as an anti-bacterial rem.
• Reduces premenstrual syndrome.
Are CBD Oil and hemp-related products different from each other? Yes. Inasmuch as CBD oil and hemp-related products come from the same plant, certain differences make them two distinct products.
How their ingredients get harvested, integrated, consumed, and the purpose they serve are some aspects where they diverge.
As a consumer, it’s crucial to understand these differences to make the right decision about which one is right for you.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS