Cocoa Utilities Department Ensuring Residents in Cocoa, Rockledge, and Merritt Island Receive Clean Water
By Space Coast Daily // October 22, 2020
BREVARD COUNTY • COCOA, FLORIDA – Cocoa Utilities Department employees hard at work ensuring that all 250,000 water customers in Cocoa, Rockledge, and Merritt Island, receive clean water.
- To provide present and future generations of the city’s service area with an ample supply of quality drinking water and efficient water, wastewater, and reclaimed water systems.
- Engineering, design, and inspection of infrastructure improvements
- Drinking water supply, treatment, transmission, and distribution
- Wastewater collection, treatment, and reuse or disposal
Water Supply & Water Collection Services
- The Utilities Department:
- Supplies over 22.7 million gallons a day (mgd) of drinking water to approximately 80,000 customers in central Brevard County, including Titusville in 2012 (Water System Overview)
- Provides wastewater collection, treatment, and disposal and reclaimed water distribution services for Cocoa and adjacent unincorporated communities