Pet Birds Rescued from Housefire in Palm Bay

By  //  July 24, 2013

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on LinkedIn Share on Delicious Digg This Stumble This

PET BIRDS RESCUED FROM HOME

[gmarker marker_latitude=”” marker_longitud=”” marker_label=””] [/gmarker]

BREVARD COUNTY — PALM BAY, FLORIDA — Palm Bay Fire Rescue extinguished a house fire at 275 Eldron Blvd.

ron-baileyAccording to Palm Bay Fire Rescue’s Assistant Fire Marshal Ron Bailey, the fire resulted from an electrical fan that caught fire due to excess dust and bird dander.  The fire was spotted by an off duty firefighter who was driving by and saw smoke coming from the back of the house.

“Upon arrival, firefighters found smoke coming from a porch area and gained entry,” Bailey said. “Within the porch a number of birds within their cages were found and removed from the porch. The fire was quickly extinguished. Due to smoke control and ventilation it was found within the house several more birds within their cages had been found.”

Due to the conditions of the house with the excess dust and bird dander, Palm Bay Fire Rescue had FPL pull the electrical meter to eliminate the hazard that caused the fire within the porch. The owner arrived to the scene as well as animal control, which gave the owner a period of time to remove in sum the 300 birds from the property.

According to Palm Bay Fire Rescue,  electric power will be restored when conditions of the dust hazard are cleaned and electrician deems power is safe to operate.


Click here to contribute your news or announcements Free