Space Coast 2014 ADDY Awards Tomorrow Night
By Space Coast Daily // February 21, 2014
Danny Treanor will act as Master of Ceremonies
BREVARD COUNTY • MELBOURNE, FLORIDA – The American Advertising Federation – Space Coast (AAFSC) will celebrate another extraordinary year of creative excellence and achievements in the advertising community during their 2014 ADDY awards set for February 22 at the Melbourne Rialto Hilton.
Don’t miss the American Advertising Awards Space Coast Gala to find out who the winners are.
Discover who’s taking home the Gold and which companies are the Best of Category – including Best Of Show.
The American Advertising Federation – Space Coast is a non-profit professional trade association serving the local advertising community.
Members of the association volunteer their time and talents to plan and execute committee events to benefit local charities, contribute to the success and growth of local professionals and promote ethical advertising in our community.
This year’s ADDY festivities will be themed “Wild SerengADDY,” and will honor the outstanding individuals, agencies and organizations that call the Space Coast home. All the proceeds will benefit the AAF Space Coast Scholarship fund which assists promising students studying to enter the advertising field.
The ADDYs will be held at the Hilton Rialto, Melbourne, and include a 6 – 7 p.m. cocktail hour, with the Awards Show & Dinner at 7 p.m.
Tickets to the ADDY Gala are $60 per person: CLICK HERE to Purchase Tickets
THREE-TIER NATIONAL COMPETITION
TheADDY® Awards is the advertising industry’s largest and most representative competition, attracting over 50,000 entries every year in local ADDY competitions. The mission of the ADDY competition is to recognize and reward creative excellence in the art of advertising.
Conducted annually by the American Advertising Federation (AAF), the local ADDY Awards is the first of a three-tier, national competition. Concurrently, all across the country, local entrants vie for recognition as the very best in their markets.
At the second tier, local winners compete against other winners in one of 4th district competitions.
District winners are then forwarded to the third tier, the national ADDY Awards competition. Entry in this local ADDY competition is the first step toward winning a national ADDY.
“Entering the ADDY competition supports our entire industry, because the AAF and its local and district affiliates use the proceeds to enhance advertising through programs such as public service, internships, advocacy groups, advertising education and consumer awareness,” states aafspacecoast.org, the the American Advertising Federation – Space Coast website.
ABOVE: IMAGES FROM THE 2013 ADDY GALA
COLLECTIVE INDUSTRY FORUM
The goal of the AAFSC is to provide local leadership in a collective industry forum on issues involving and affecting advertising, and through the efforts of its membership:
• Urge the maintenance of high ethical industry standards
• Demonstrate the expertise, effectiveness and strength of the Brevard advertising community to the local, regional and national markets
• Enhance the knowledge and skills of advertising practitioners
• Advance and support advertising education and encourage talented young people to enter the profession
• Cooperate and work with government officials at all levels to represent the industry’s positions and welfare before legislative and administrative groups
• Encourage fellowship and cooperation among all disciplines of the advertising industry
• Promote a better understanding of the functions and value of advertising to the general public, academia and government
• Strive for the improvement of advertising and its related services by recognizing and rewarding excellence in all fields of the craft
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE AMERICAN ADVERTISING FEDERATION – SPACE COAST