Rockledge Opens New Dog Park On Pluckebaum Road
By City of Rockledge // March 28, 2014
ABOVE PHOTO: Rockledge residents let their dogs roam around the new grounds at the grand opening of the Rockledge dog park. Photo Courtesy of Steve Wilson.
BREVARD COUNTY • ROCKLEDGE, FLORIDA — The grand opening and ribbon cutting ceremony for the brand new Barks & Recreation Dog Park took place on March 22, 2014.
The dog park, which is located at Dr. Robert A. Anderson Stormwater Park, 1220 Pluckebaum Rd. in Rockledge, has separate, fenced areas for both large and small dogs.
Barks & Recreation came to fruition through the vision and efforts of the Rockledge ROC (Recreation, Open Space & Conservation) Foundation and the Rockledge Animal Clinic and Friends. The City’s Planning Department was instrumental in the planning and overall setup of the park, and the Public Works Department handled many of the logistical items. Barks & Recreation is truly the result of teamwork and collaboration!
DOG PARK RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Daily hours of operation are from 7 am to dusk.
- Climbing on or over the fence is prohibited.
- The off-leash Dog Park is for dogs, their handlers and those accompanying them.
- No other animals or use is allowed.
- All dogs must have current rabies vaccination, animal license tag and wear a collar with visible
- identification at all times.
- Choke collars are prohibited.
- A handler must be physically capable of controlling the dog.
- All handlers are required to remain inside the gates and be in view or voice contact with their
- dog at all times.
- Limit two dogs per handler per visit.
- Dogs in heat and puppies under four months of age are prohibited.
- It is recommended that all dogs using the park be spayed or neutered.
- Dogs must be leashed prior to entering and upon leaving the gated areas.
- Handlers must carry a leash at all times.
- The leash must be sufficient strength to control the dog and not exceed six feet in length.
- Handlers must clean up after their pets. (Brevard County Animal Enforcement Code Section 14-59)
- Food, alcohol, strollers and bicycles are not allowed inside the park.
- Children under 18 years old must be accompanied and supervised by a parent or guardian at all
- It is recommended that small children not be brought into the off-leash area.
- Children are not permitted to run with or chase after dogs.
- Aggressive dogs are prohibited from the park.
- Dogs exhibiting rough, aggressive or dangerous behavior must be removed immediately.
- City of Rockledge staff have the authority to close the site for maintenance, weather-related issues
- and special events.
- An infraction of any of these rules may result in temporary or permanent loss of park privileges.
- Important Phone Numbers:
City Hall: 321-690-3978
Public Works: 321-690-3961
Animal control services: 321-633-2024