Florida Tech Mother’s Day Brunch Offers Bevy of Global Flavors From China, India, Spain and Nigeria
By Adam Lowenstein, FIT News Bureau // May 13, 2018
Mother’s Day Brunch Around the World
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Florida Institute of Technology is giving Mother’s Day brunch some international flair at its third annual Mother’s Day Brunch Around the World.
The brunch event offered under the university’s innovative and popular International Dinner Series runs from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Sunday, May 13, at Panther Dining Hall on the Florida Tech campus in Melbourne. It is open to the public.
It will feature dishes from more than eight countries and regions, traditional breakfast items including eggs, bacon, pancakes and omelets to order, carved ham, salad bar, made-to-order grill, desserts both foreign and domestic, and beverages. The cost is $16 per person.
Panther Dining Hall, 3113 Panther Place, is just south of the Clemente Center on the Florida Tech campus. Visitor parking is free on the first floor of the parking garage behind the dining hall.
Here are menu highlights for the Mother’s Day brunch:
- Fattoush, Lebanon: Pita bread salad with romaine, cucumber, tomato and lemon dressing
- Pipirrana, Spain: Spanish potato salad with grilled tuna and olives
- Pollo Adobo con Papas, Mexico: Chicken and potatoes roasted in a chili sauce
- Cantonese Style Snapper, China: Snapper steamed with garlic, ginger, cilantro, soy and sesame oil
- Rogan Josh, India: Braised goat chunks in a gravy of browned onions, yogurt, garlic, ginger and aromatic spices and Kashmiri chilies
- Tharid, Iraq/UAE: Traditional Arabic stew of lamb, vegetables and broth
- Plantain and Bean Porridge, Nigeria: Black-eyed peas, plantains, sweet potatoes and red palm oil
- Gobhi Manchurian, India: Spicy fried cauliflower
- Carved Pit Ham
- Basmati Rice
- Breakfast Bar: Scrambled Eggs, Potatoes, Bacon, Sausage, Biscuits & Sausage Gravy, Oatmeal, Pancakes, Omelets
- Dessert Display: Crepes, Tres Leches, Cannoli, Arroz con Leche, Petit Fours, assorted Fruit Pies, Cream Pies, Cakes, Cookies
For more information, call 321-674-8040 or visit Florida Tech’s dining site HERE and click on the “International Dinner Series” link on the left.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS