HEALTH TIPS: Florida Department of Health Advises Washing Hands During Holiday Season
By Space Coast Daily // November 3, 2018
prevents flu and common cold
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – The holidays are a great opportunity to enjoy time with family and friends, celebrate life, to be grateful, and reflect on what’s important. Nothing brings down the holiday spirit like a case of stomach flu or a cold.
Holiday gatherings are breeding grounds for germs like the flu and the common cold. Airports, airplanes, taxis, and rideshare cars are also likely places to pick up a virus.
Follow five simple steps to wash your hands, and enjoy the coming holidays:
- Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold), turn off the tap, and apply soap.
- Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Be sure to lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.
- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice.
- Rinse your hands well under clean, running water.
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them.
For more information, visit CDC’s Handwashing: Clean Hands Save Lives website.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS