AAA Forecasts Busy Year for Travel, 80 Percent of Floridians Expected to Take Summer Vacation
By AAA // January 1, 2019
most popular vacations are theme parks, beach destinations, and ocean/large cruises
AAA – The American Automobile Association forecasts a strong year for travel, based on the results of a recent AAA Consumer Pulse survey.
According to the report, 84 percent of Floridians plan to take at least one vacation or leisure trip of three days or more this year; a one percent increase from 2018. The most popular vacations are theme parks, beach destinations, and ocean/large cruises.
“The recent U.S. jobs report shows signs of economic positivity and may give Floridians a boost in confidence, as they map out their travel plans for the coming year,” said Mark Jenkins, spokesman, AAA – The Auto Club Group.
“Floridians have the luxury of being just a day-trip away from popular attractions, beaches, and cruise ports. Although road trippers will encounter higher gas prices in the spring and summer, AAA does not expect prices at the pump to exceed last year’s highs.”
- 36 percent – Theme Park
- 31 percent – Beach Destination
- 29 percent – Ocean/Large Cruise
- 28 percent – City/major metro destination
SEASONAL TRAVEL PLANS
- SPRING BREAK – 56 percent of travelers will take a spring break vacation of 3 days or more March is the most popular month for a spring break vacation (41 percent of spring break travelers)
- SUMMER – 80 percent of travelers will take at least one summer vacation of 3 days or more
52 percent of Floridians plan to visit a theme park this year (minimum of one day)
Most popular theme parks:
- 62 percent – Walt Disney
- 55 percent – Universal Orlando
- 40 percent – SeaWorld Orlando
- 38 percent – Busch Gardens Tampa Bay
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS