Brevard Supervisor of Elections Lori Scott Kicks Off ‘VOTE to End Childhood Hunger’ Fundraising Effort
By Space Coast Daily // May 11, 2019
dedicated to helping feed children over the summer
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Supervisor of Elections Lori Scott kicks off her annual “VOTE to End Childhood Hunger” with multiple fundraising initiatives dedicated to helping feed children over the summer who do not have access to nutritional meals.
Since 2009, “VOTE to End Childhood Hunger” has raised more than $26,000 through raffle basket ticket sales, bake sales and the Supervisor of Elections office cookbook.
There are nine baskets in the raffle this year, including Family Fun, Taste of Brevard, Father’s Day, Date Night, Pamper Me, Stay-cation, Collectors, Explore Brevard and Bonus Basket.
Raffle tickets for the baskets are available for purchase at all four Election Office location, Titusville, Viera, Melbourne and Palm Bay.
Raffle baskets are available for viewing at the Viera Election Office. Donated raffle basket items include tickets to a show at the King Center, restaurant gift cards, movie passes, 1- or 2-night hotel stays, admission passes to attractions and a wide variety of other items.
• Raffle Ticket Sales – Tuesday, May 7, 2019 through Tuesday, May 21, 2019
• Bake Sales – Tuesday, May 21, 2019 from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
• Cookbook Sales – Beginning on Tuesday, May 21, 2019 (until sold out)
• Titusville Elections Office: 400 South Street, Suite 1-F, Titusville
• Viera Elections Office: 2725 Judge Fran Jamieson Way, Building C, Suite 105
• Melbourne Elections Office: 1515 Sarno Road, Building A, Melbourne
• Palm Bay Elections Office: 450 Cogan Drive SE, Palm Bay
The “Generations of Love” cookbook is lovingly dedicated to Supervisor Scott’s mother who passed away in April. The cookbook contains family recipes from staff and poll workers with new categories for pressure cooker recipes and holiday traditions.
The funds raised afford Project HUNGER the ability to purchase fresh fruit and vegetables, as well as food packs for children in need. In addition, each child receives a free book to help maintain their reading skills over the summer.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS