WATCH LIVE: Brevard Public Schools, Brevard Federation of Teachers Return to Negotiation Table
By Matt Reed, Brevard Public Schools // September 30, 2019
SPACE COAST DAILY TV SPECIAL PRESENTATION
SPACE COAST DAILY TV: The Brevard Federation of Teachers and Brevard Public Schools hold negotiations at BFT headquarters in Rockledge.
ABOVE VIDEO: Negotiating teams for Brevard Public Schools and the Brevard Federation of Teachers have agreed to return to negotiations on salary increases and work conditions. “The school board and I are determined this year to negotiate the most competitive pay increase for teachers in Central Florida,” said Superintendent Mark Mullins in a video message sent Friday to BPS parents, employees and business sponsors.
BREVARD COUNTY • VIERA, FLORIDA – Negotiating teams for Brevard Public Schools and the Brevard Federation of Teachers have agreed to return to negotiations on salary increases and work conditions.
They have agreed to meet Monday, Sept. 30 at 4 p.m. at the Brevard Federation of Teachers offices, located at 1007 Florida Avenue in Rockledge. The meeting is open to the public.
“The school board and I are determined this year to negotiate the most competitive pay increase for teachers in Central Florida,” said Superintendent Mark Mullins in a video message sent Friday to BPS parents, employees and business sponsors.
BPS has continued to update a bargaining “Fact Sheet” on the district homepage which shows:
- Side-by-side comparison of latest salary offers (to date, only the opening offers, not final positions.)
- Raises in neighboring school districts, adopted and proposed for 2019-2020, for reference.
- List of records and data requested by BFT and provided by BPS
Salary raises in neighboring school districts for 2019-2020
• Orange: 4%, offset by 10% increase in health premiums (proposed)
• Osceola: $1,200 for highly effective, $900 for effective
• Seminole: 3%
• Volusia: 2%-2.5%
Records and data requested by Brevard Federation of Teachers and provided by BPS per state public-records law. (as of Sept. 24)
• BPS adopted-budget book
• Payroll for type E, J, and G including employee’s names, Unique ID, worksites, job titles, and gross pay for all payroll dates for 2018-129 fiscal year, in Excel spreadsheet format.
• Number of highly effective and effective teachers employed by BPS according to their 18-19 evaluations separated by summative 1 and summative 2 evaluations.
• Ending fund balance, committed fund balance, assigned fund balance.
• Number of years of service for active teachers
• Brevard student funding compared to state/ranked
• Data on ESE 139, ESE 348, AFR 145
• Answers to BFT questions re: retroactive pay, salary calculations and purchased services
• Spreadsheet from pre-bargaining workgroup meetings.
• Answers to BFT questions re: regarding purchased services and salaries
• N-coded teacher numbers including those rehired
• Cost of 1% GF raise
• Cost of 1% raises in all funds
• All teachers by school
• (Not provided – no existing documents) 2019-20 PAR Worksheets turned in by principals at 6- day count for BPS worksites.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS