Fresh From Florida: Breakfast Potatoes with Florida Bell Peppers and Bacon – Delicious!
By Space Coast Daily // March 31, 2020
Fresh From Florida Recipe
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Fresh From Florida shows you how to make a delicious recipe of Florida breakfast potatoes with Florida bell peppers and bacon.
4 large Florida potatoes, medium dice
3 medium Florida bell peppers, large dice
½ cup bacon, cooked crisp and roughly chopped
½ cup of sharp cheddar, shredded
1 tablespoon all-purpose seasoning (your favorite)
1 tablespoon fresh herbs, chopped fine
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Par-cook potatoes in boiling water for 5 – 7 minutes or until fork tender. Drain water and set aside.
- Preheat cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil to skillet. Add peppers and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add potatoes and sauté for another 2 minutes. Season with all-purpose seasoning, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Stir in bacon bits and mix for another 2 minutes. Remove from heat and top with cheese.
- Put skillet in oven on high broil for 3 to 5 minutes. Serve with hot sauce and eggs your style.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS