UCF Athletic Department Provides Update Following Cancellation of All Sports Due to COVID-19
By UCF information center // March 23, 2020
All UCF students began remote classes monday
ORLANDO, FLORIDA – UCF Athletics provide an update as part of the American Athletic Conference announcement Monday that canceled all conference spring sports competitions and championships, UCF suspended organized.
March 17, 2020
- As part of the American Athletic Conference announcement Monday that canceled all conference spring sport competitions and championships, UCF suspended organized practices effective immediately. Volunteer workouts are suspended beginning at 5 p.m. today (Tuesday) through at least Sunday, March 29, in conjunction with the UCF campus policy for students and staff to work remotely. The suspension of practices and volunteer workouts will continue until UCF determines it is safe for students and staff to return to normal campus activity.
- Almost all UCF athletic facilities (including the weight room) will be closed at 5 p.m. today (Tuesday) and will remain closed through at least Sunday, March 29. The athletic training room will have limited hours in order to accommodate student-athletes who require rehabilitation over the next two weeks.
- Student-athletes have been strongly encouraged to go home no later than Wednesday if they can.
- All UCF students began taking classes remotely Monday and that will continue through at least March 29.
- All UCF coaches and support staff must work remotely, beginning no later than Wednesday, and through at least March 29.
- The health and safety of the UCF athletic staff and student-athletes remains the top priority. Updated information will be provided as it becomes available.
- At 2 p.m. on Tuesday, UCF announced that per state instruction, the university will continue remote instruction for the rest of the spring semester.
CLICK HERE to read the full story on UCF>>>
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS