Space Coast Daily TGIF Show – Highlights Live Shows, BPS Graduation Ceremonies and Obloy Family Ranch in Merritt Island
By Space Coast Daily // July 26, 2020
hosted by Giles Malone
ABOVE VIDEO: Space Coast Daily TGIF Show – Highlights Live Shows, BPS Graduation Ceremonies and Obloy Family Ranch in Merritt Island.
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Space Coast Daily’s TGIF Show is back for another week, the only show on the Space Coast that highlights upcoming events and entertainment for the weekend and upcoming week.
Universal Orlando is Back and Here Are 12 Space Coast Daily Tips to Experience It All
1. The Universal Orlando Resort App is Your New Best Friend
It helps navigate around the crowds, trim down time waiting in queues, minimize physical interactions, and so much more! Here are the top features:
- Virtual Line experience for attractions
- Mobile food and drink ordering for select restaurants
- Interactive park map
- Virtual wallet where you can purchase and house your park tickets, Express passes, and also set up your TapuTapu for your visit to Volcano Bay
- Wait time alerts that you can set for when the times drop
2. Dodge Crowds with the Virtual Line Experience
3. Order Your Food Ahead of Time with Mobile Order
4. Make a Game Plan Beforehand
6. Take a Break in the U-Rest Areas
In addition to planning out what you want to do, make sure to slot in time to take breaks. There are new U-Rest areas sprinkled throughout our destination, where you can recharge with a drink or snack with your face covering off. You can find them in the following locations:
- Universal CityWalk
- Down by the waterfront in front of Hard Rock
- Universal Studios Florida
- Fear Factor Live Theater
- Central Park by the lagoon
- Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- Port of Entry Landing by the waterfront
- The Eighth Voyage of Sindbad Stunt Show Theater in Lost Continent (the show is no longer available)
7. Take All the Photos!
8. Early Park Admission = More Time and Fewer Crowds
9. Your Bae This Summer is Volcano Bay
10. New Guidelines Aren’t the Only Things That Are New
The parks may have been closed for a couple of months, but Team Members have been hard at work creating new experiences for you to come back to. There are new “Love is Universal” and anniversary merchandise to snatch up (have you seen the themed face masks!?); there’s a new anniversary Voodoo Doughnut; and even new entertainment attractions with The Bourne Stuntacular and the new Raptor Encounter (the baby raptor Sierra is the cutest)
11. Here’s What to Bring
- A face covering with a light and breathable fabric. This isn’t just my recommendation, it’s a requirement when visiting the parks, CityWalk, and hotels. Major kudos to those with fun themes and designs. You’ll look awesome as you’re rocking out on Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit (yes, they’re required to be worn on rides, too). The good news is if you forgot your face covering, you can ask a Team Member for a replacement.
- Your own personal hand sanitizer on a keychain. There are hand sanitizer stations when you first enter through CityWalk, when you’re about to board a ride, and at restaurant entrances.
- This has always remained true, but bring water to stay hydrated! I find myself being especially thirsty when wearing my face covering, so make sure to bring a water bottle with you.
- Bring a small bag or carry a lanyard for your belongings. You’re still going to need to put items in lockers for certain attractions that require them. Team Members pulse the locker queues for social distancing and regularly clean them, but try to only bring the essentials if you want to minimize using them and save time.
Obloy Family Ranch
ABOVE VIDEO: Obloy Family Ranch.
Obloy Family Ranch is located on a historic property in Merritt Island, Florida.
The property dates back to the 1890s when it operated as a navel orange grove and later transitioned to become one of Florida’s first gator ranches.
In 2015, the Obloy family purchased the ranch and helped transform the property into a wildlife sanctuary and farm, adding horseback riding trails, restoring and restocking freshwater ponds, and adding a new event venue, the Barn Stall Winery & Wedding Barn.
LEARN ABOUT WILDLIFE CONSERVATION
We focus on wildlife preservation and value education on conservation, culture, and history.
The gator pens remain so we can educate our visitors on the aquaculture that takes place in this region & through our efforts, the old gator ranch located here has become a wildlife sanctuary.
ENJOY RECREATIONAL ACTIVITIES
Enjoy our wide variety of recreational activities that includes checking out the ranch’s original fish farm. In our country store, guests can purchase fresh fish from our ponds and eggs from our chickens!
- Horseback Trail Rides
- Pony Rides
- Monster Truck Rides
- Rides on our very own Jungle Train
- Fishing in Fully-Stocked Ponds
MEET OUR FAMILY- THE RESCUE ANIMALS
We love our animals! They are the best, friendliest and the most unique bunch of furry, scaly, and feathery friends we could ask for. Through a lot of tender-loving care given to these animals, they are healthy and capable of giving love while living a stress-free life on the ranch.
Bring the whole family out and meet them yourselves!
Along with our petting farm, wildlife sanctuary, and adventures, we also offer accommodations in our Private Cabins as well as a new 3000 sq. ft. wooden barn, the Barn Stall Winery & Wedding Barn.
We also offer:
- Muscadine Winery
- Birthday Parties
- Cabin Rentals
- Field Trips
For more info, contact Obloy Family Ranch at 321-848-2486 or visit obloyfamilyranch.com
BPS GRADUATION SHOWS
All graduations can be seen on Space Coast Daily TV.
UPCOMING LIVE SHOWS
*Please check with bars & restaurants to verify the Live shows due to COVID-19
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS