Town of Palm Shores Mayor Carol McCormack Decrees the Use of Face Masks for All Residents
By Carol M. McCormack, Palm Shores Mayor // July 10, 2020
McCormack: every person working, living, visiting or doing business in the Town of Palm Shores must wear a face-covering
BREVARD COUNTY • PALM SHORES, FLORIDA – Palm Shores Mayor Carol McCormack issued an executive order requiring face coverings be worn by every person working, living, visiting, or doing business in the Town of Palm Shores.
McCormack further decreed that everyone in the city must, “wear a face-covering in any indoor public location, other than their home or residence, and in any public outdoor location when not maintaining social distancing from other person(s), excluding family members or companions.
“Pursuant to the authority vested in me as Town of Palm Shores Mayor by the Town Council of the Town of Palm Shores, in further effort to reduce the potential spread of the deadly COVID-19 Virus.
“All businesses are encouraged to prohibit entry of any person who is not wearing a face-covering with the exception of those below-listed persons. The Town Order shall be placed on the entry door to all indoor business locations.”
Facial coverings are not required to be worn by the following persons:
▪ Persons under the age of two years;
▪ Persons for whom a face covering would cause impairment due to an existing health condition; Persons working in a business or profession who do not have interactions with
▪ Persons exercising while maintaining social distancing;
▪ Persons working in an office when all interactions with others is done with social distancing as recommended by the CDC; persons while eating and/or drinking at a restaurant; provided, however, face coverings must otherwise be worn in restaurants; and public safety, fire, and other life safety and health care personnel, as their personal protective equipment requirements will be governed by their respective
▪ The requirement shall not apply when a person who is hearing-impaired needs to see the mouth of someone wearing a face-covering in order to communicate
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS