Brevard County Extends CARES Act Grant Application Period for COVID-19 Impacted Small Businesses and Nonprofits
By Space Coast Daily // August 8, 2020
CARES Act funding will be made available to small businesses and nonprofit organizations
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – The application period for small businesses and nonprofit organizations to apply for grants of up to $10,000 to offset expenses and lost revenue related to the COVID-19 public health emergency has been extended until further notice by the Brevard County Board of County Commissioners.
Applications are available HERE.
To be eligible through the Small Business and Nonprofit Economic Relief Program, the small business:
▪ Must be physically located in Brevard County
▪ Must have had 50 or fewer employees as of January 1, 2020
▪ Must have been negatively impacted financially by the COVID-19 public health emergency
▪ Must be enrolled in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program
▪ Applicant’s revenue losses or expenses utilized to establish program eligibility and grant amount must not have been reimbursed through the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL), Small Business Administration (SBA) Debt Relief Program or other similar federal and state programs.
▪ Nonprofits that are eligible must be a 501(c)(3), 501(c)(6) or a 501(c)(19) as designated by Internal Revenue Code.
It’s important to note:
▪ Businesses and Nonprofits are eligible to apply even if they have received other forms of assistance.
▪ Money received through the County’s Small Business and Nonprofit Economic Relief Program are grants, not loans, and therefore do not need to be paid back.
▪ There is adequate funding available to help businesses and nonprofits that qualify.
On July 7, 2020, the Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) allocated $10 million through the CARES Act fund for local governments to a Small Business and Non-Profit Economic Relief Program.
CARES Act funding will be made available to small businesses and nonprofit organizations that meet eligibility requirements established by the BOCC for Brevard’s Small Business and Nonprofit Economic Relief Program and Specific priorities intended to advance economic development in Brevard County.
For more information, call 321-350-9194 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS