Fresh From Florida: Make a Tasty Dish of Florida Spiny Lobster Tomato Mac & Cheese – Delicious!
By Space Coast Daily // April 22, 2021
Fresh From Florida Recipe
ABOVE VIDEO: Fresh From Florida shows you how to make a delicious recipe of Florida Spiny Lobster Tomato Mac & Cheese.
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Fresh From Florida shows you how to make a delicious recipe of Florida Spiny Lobster Tomato Mac & Cheese.
• 1 pound Florida spiny lobster, cooked and cut into medium-sized chunks
• 3 large Florida tomatoes, sliced
• 1 pound pasta (your favorite shape) cooked
• 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 2 large garlic cloves, minced
• ½ cup red onion, chopped fine
• ¼ cup all-purpose flour
• 3 cups milk, at room temperature
• 1 ½ cups sharp Cheddar cheese, grated (or your favorite)
• 1 ½ cups grated Gruyere cheese, grated (or your favorite)
• 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
• ½ cup fresh chives, chopped fine
• ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• ¼ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped fine
• Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
• Cook pasta until al dente according to package directions. Drain and set aside. Place 4 tablespoons melted butter in a saucepot over medium-low heat, add garlic and onion and cook until onion is translucent.
• Next, whisk in flour and cook flour for several minutes. Carefully pour in milk and bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly. Continue to cook and whisk until sauce is smooth and thick enough to coat a spoon.
• Remove sauce from heat and slowly whisk in cheese, a handful at a time. Season cheese sauce with mustard, chives, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper, to taste.
• In a large mixing bowl combine cheese sauce and cooked pasta then fold in chopped lobster. Lightly spray a baking dish with pan release spray. Pour pasta mixture into baking dish.
• Arrange sliced tomatoes on top of the pasta mixture. In a small bowl combine panko, olive oil and parsley and sprinkle over the tomatoes.
• Bake the lobster-tomato mac & cheese in a preheated 375-degree oven for about 10 to 20 minutes or until topping is crisp and cheese sauce is bubbly. Let cool slightly before serving.