SPACE COAST DAILY TV: Grand Re-Opening of Winn Dixie In Cocoa Beach Attracts Big Crowd
By Space Coast Daily // July 26, 2017
take a tour with store manager Kasey Moore
SPACE COAST DAILY TV: Bobby Freeman reports from the Grand Re-Opening of Winn Dixie in Cocoa Beach, where he is with store manager Kasey Moore.
New concept provides enhanced shopping experience for Cocoa Beach residents
BREVARD COUNTY • COCOA BEACH, FLORIDA – Space Coast Daily’s Bobby Freeman reports from the Grand Re-Opening of Winn Dixie in Cocoa Beach, where he was with store manager Kasey Moore, and thousands of enthusiastic local residents.
Winn-Dixie just completed a remodel on its Cocoa Beach store in response to requests from customers for an improved shopping experience.
As part of the Grand Opening ceremony, and to officially re-introduce the community to the new and improved store, a ribbon cutting took place Wednesday morning at the store, located at 100 Canaveral Plaza Boulevard in Cocoa Beach.
Customers also sampled delicious food from local vendors as they checked out Winn-Dixie’s new look, expanded offerings and savings. The first 500 customers that arrive received a free mystery gift card valued between $5-$500 as well as a complimentary cooler bag.
The new and improved Cocoa Beach Winn-Dixie location is open 7 a.m. – 10 p.m., seven days a week.
“Winn-Dixie is proud of our more than 30 years of commitment and service to our Cocoa Beach neighbors,” said Anthony Hucker, President and CEO of Southeastern Grocers.
“This community and our customers were incredibly resilient through Hurricane Matthew, as well as patient with our team as we carefully rebuilt this store with them in mind. This is a special store to the greater Cocoa Beach community and we’re excited to reopen this remodeled store for them. This fresh store concept gives our customers a store they can be proud of while continuing to offer a convenient shopping experience, exceptional service and the freshest products at the right price.”
Shoppers will immediately notice the enhancements throughout the new and improved store, including:
• New facade signage and a fresh, contemporary color palate and modern store signage inside.
• New farm-fresh produce department set on ice daily for improved quality and freshness, with new expanded offerings.
• New deli with expanded grab and go meal options for added convenience.
• Sandwich station offering delicious hot and cold sandwich varieties.
• A wide assortment of easy lunch and dinner options, including a hot bar with rotisserie chicken, wings, Smokehouse BBQ and more.
• Salad bar with fresh salad ingredients and a variety of ready-made salads are available for customers on the go.
• An improved bakery department with new selections and displays along with cake decorating.
• Full-service seafood department, offering shoppers a variety of seafood assortments and the option to select a convenient “Seafood Made Easy” meal to cut down on cooking time at home.
• Full-service meat department with a butcher on-site to make fresh cuts of meat by request.
• Expanded beer selections including craft beer and a variety of fine wine selections.
• New beach shop to help customers grab any last minute beach supplies before hitting the water for the day.
• New floral department to help our customers find the perfect bouquet for any occasion.
• Improved Wine & Spirits store with local craft spirits and varieties from around the world.
• Continued commitment to fresh quality and outstanding service.
Founded in 1925, Winn-Dixie employs more than 35,000 associates who serve customers in approximately 470 grocery stores, 150 liquor stores and 270 in-store pharmacies throughout the five southeastern states of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana and Mississippi.
For more information, please visit www.winndixie.com and www.segrocers.com. Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc. is a subsidiary of Southeastern Grocers, which is the second-largest supermarket chain in the Southeast based on store count.
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS