Golf Cart Catches Fire In Garage In Viera; Fire Crews Extinguish Blaze, Despite Hydrant ‘Malfunction’

By  //  August 26, 2018

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on LinkedIn Share on Delicious Digg This Stumble This

no injuries REPORTED, home was not occupied

Brevard County Fire Rescue crews responded to a scene on Sunday that involved a golf cart catching fire inside a garage on the 1500 block of Chesapeake Court in Viera. (BCFR Image)

BREVARD COUNTY • VIERA, FLORIDA – Brevard County Fire Rescue crews responded to a scene on Sunday that involved a golf cart catching fire inside a garage on the 1500 block of Chesapeake Court in Viera.

Officials say no injuries occurred and the home was not occupied at the time.

Crews were able to extinguish the blaze a short time later.

However, officials say a fire hydrant malfunctioned and came out of the ground during the blaze.

No water was flowing and it did not affect the firemen’s operation of extinguishing the fire.

STAY TUNED TO SPACE COAST DAILY FOR UPDATES

Officials say a fire hydrant malfunctioned and came out of the ground during the blaze. (BCFR Image)

CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS


Click here to contribute your news or announcements Free