Health First Medicare Policies Address Coverage Gaps

By  //  May 9, 2012

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on LinkedIn Share on Delicious Digg This Stumble This

Resolving Problems

BREVARD COUNTY • ROCKLEDGE, FLORIDA – Health First recently launched three Medicare supplement policies to “fill the coverage gap” for Florida residents with Original Medicare.

Original Medicare typically covers 80 percent of the cost for approved medical care, while a Medicare supplement policy, also known as a Medigap or MedSupp policy, will pay all or part of the remaining 20 percent for Medicare-eligible services.

Three new Health First Health Plans Medicare supplement policies will address coverage gap issues. (Shutterstock image)

The Health First Medicare supplement policies are available throughout the state and are underwritten by Health First Insurance, a brand new company licensed by the State ofFloridato offer insurance products such as Medicare supplement policies.

Track Record

Although Health First Insurance is new, their team of executives and staff is highly experienced, with a proven track record of providing the highest levels of quality, value, and service.

For more than 15 years, Health First has offered Medicare Advantage health plans as an alternative to Original Medicare, as well as commercial group health plans for employers.

Last year, Health First expanded its health care coverage options with two stand-alone Medicare prescription drug plans for Florida residents.

Policy holders of Health First Medicare supplement policies are not required to use Health First’s hospitals, medical or wellness services, or physicians, and prior authorizations for services are not required.

If Medicare covers a service, then the Medicare supplement policy will too.

Margaret Haney is the President and CEO of Health First Health Plans. (Image courtesy of Health First)

Additionally, these policies include benefits that Original Medicare does not cover, such as the first three pints of blood, additional lifetime reserve days, and foreign travel emergencies.

Added Service

Plus, as an added service not covered by Medicare, all policy holders are entitled to a free fitness membership at the Health First Pro-Health & Fitness Centers in Melbourne, Merritt Island, Palm Bay and Viera, and Parrish Health & Fitness Center in Titusville.

Additional fitness center locations throughout the state will be available soon.

“We’re committed to providing Health First Insurance policy holders with the same friendly service that has made Health First Health Plans the success it is today,” said Margaret Haney, President and CEO of Health First Health Plans.

To qualify for a Health First Medicare supplement policy, you must have Medicare Part A and B and you must be a permanentFloridaresident.

A Medicare supplement policy can be combined with Original Medicare, and if desired, a stand-alone prescription drug plan. However, an individual cannot be enrolled in a Medicare Advantage plan and a Medicare supplement plan at the same time.

For more information about Health First’s Medicare supplement policies, call 321-434-4822 or toll free 1-855-443-4735 on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturdays from 8 a.m. to noon.

Those interested  may also visit or stop in at 6450 US Highway 1 in Rockledge.

[gmarker marker_latitude=”” marker_longitud=”” marker_label=””] [/gmarker]