SpaceCoastDaily.com STRAW POLL FINAL RESULTS
By SpaceCoastDaily // August 13, 2012
Ivey, Evans, Ellis, Blickley, Voltz, Deardoff and Archer Winners
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – The SpaceCoastDaily.com 2012 Primary Straw Poll is now closed, and although unscientific, yielded some interesting result in front of tomorrow’s primary elections:
• Dave Weldon is certainly Brevard’s favorite son as he garnered 60 percent of the vote, defeating Connie Mack and two other contenders, for the right to face Bill Nelson in November for a U.S. Senate seat.
• In the Presidential race, (not on the primary ticket, but just for fun) Brevard once again showed its conservative majority as Mitt Romney shellacked Barack Obama by a 2 to 1 margin.
• As to who will be Brevard County’s next sheriff, the SpaceCoastDaily.com voters say former FDLE agent Wayne Ivey will defeat Brevard County Sheriff Lt. Todd Maddox by a margin of 10 percent as Ivey garnered 689 votes to Maddox’s 574.
• In the Port Commission races, Hank Evans earned 70 percent of the vote over incumbent commissioner Joe Matheny; and sitting port commissioner Bruce Deardoff prevailed over challenger Chuck Sheridan with 54 percent of the vote.
• In the hotly contested Brevard County Clerk of Courts race between former clerk Scott Ellis and incumbent Mitch Needelman, Ellis was the clear-cut winner with over 70 percent of the vote.
• Dana Blickley earned a majority of the votes (52 percent) over her opponents, Jason Steele and incumbent Jim Ford in the race for Brevard County Property Appraiser.
• In the Brevard County Commission, Seat 3, race two-time Brevard County Commissioner Helen Voltz earned 49 percent of the vote over incumbent Trudi Infantini (37 percent) and challenger Jason Mahaney (14 percent).
• In the race for State Attorney, Phil Archer won by the largest margin of any contest, defeating Ryan James Vescio by a 83 percent to 17 percent margin.
• In the Brevard School Board, District 4 election, Karen Henderson garnered 58 percent of the vote over Keri Lewis.
HERE ARE THE FINAL RESULTS:
Poll Closed at 7:00 p.m., Monday, Aug. 13, 2012
EDITOR’S NOTE: This Straw Poll is an informal vote with non-binding results. Space Coast Daily.com makes straw polls available to serve as a precursor and provide dialogue among movements within large groups, reflecting trends like organization and motivation. Each computer or device linked to the internet may vote once for each candidate.
For information about Early Voting or the upcoming Primary Election call the Brevard County Elections Office at 321-633-2124 or visit VoteBrevard.com.